Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Organic vs. Regular i guess..?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Organic vs. Regular i guess..?

ORIGINAL: ynks4evr

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

it just a marketing scam that dumbasses fall for.
Not true at allllll, they do not use ANY pesticides or hormones or anything like that, when you buy organic how good the produce is more likely to vary because its not engineered to be the same everytime, but when you get organic produce at a good time there 10x better than non organic. Organic milk tastes soo much fresher and cleaner, no chemically taste.... that being said, i dont buy it cause the price tag is too high but when i go to my parents house or someones house that does buy it its a nice treat. Stuff is so much more healthy for you. For example i have a 65 yr old aunt that has been eating nothing but organic foods for many years and using homeopathic remedies instead of the doctor and perscription drugs and she teaches yoga and runs at least 2 marathons a year, coincidence? I think not.

p.s. i also work in a grocery store
Then it should be way cheaper not the opossite.
That wouldnt make any sense whatsoever, the non organic produce is engineered in a way that it can grow bigger, faster, in different climates, the pesticides allow them to reduce loss due to bugs or disease. Therefore they have to grow much more carefully and in a lower volume.... mass production will always cost less than a smaller production scheme
the price is still bull****!! It cost more to use all that non-organic **** so not to use it n use only natural ****, well **** is free!!!

Old 10-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

then you know what, you might have something there. a big moneymaker. go out, grow a bunch of stuff using seeds, water, soil, and sunshine and you can sell the organic stuff for the cost of the engineered stuff and make millions. ya got it all figured out.

this thread could use some backup info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_agriculture

Old 10-27-2008, 11:34 PM

LOL @ Wikipedia, thats where i got this quote from haha.
"Organic foods are produced according to certain production standards, meaning they are grown without the use of conventional pesticides, artificial fertilizers, human waste, or sewage sludge, and that they were processed without ionizing radiation or food additives. Livestock are reared without the routine use of antibiotics and without the use of growth hormones."

Old 10-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Aweasel

then you know what, you might have something there. a big moneymaker. go out, grow a bunch of stuff using seeds, water, soil, and sunshine and you can sell the organic stuff for the cost of the engineered stuff and make millions. ya got it all figured out.

I hate mators so no thanks lol. and most of the stuff sold around here is bought from local farmers anyhow, not some mass producing farm.

You want REAL fresh home grown fruits n veggies, stop by n see that oldman on the side of the road somewhere. NOT IN A BIG CHAIN GROCERY STORE IN A BIG *** POLLUTED CITY!!

Old 10-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't care wot anyone thinks, We buy stuff at our regular shop, fruit & veg & its ok. But we have a produce market here every two weeks & the stuff they sell organic wise is fantastic. Things like garlic, tomatoes & olives & milk etc, last longer, tastes better & being a market in most cases is cheaper than the shops.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Aweasel

I hate mators so no thanks lol. and most of the stuff sold around here is bought from local farmers anyhow, not some mass producing farm.

You want REAL fresh home grown fruits n veggies, stop by n see that oldman on the side of the road somewhere. NOT IN A BIG CHAIN GROCERY STORE IN A BIG *** POLLUTED CITY!!
That is very true, farmers market does sell some dam tasty produce, then again the store i work at time has over 100 of its produce items shipped in from farms in the local area daily (i.e NJ). Then again i may be biased on this whole situation due to the fact that i have worked in a supermarket that does such things for the past 4+ years hahaaha, if i was used to a different store or didnt have the inside scoop i may have different sentiments

Old 10-28-2008, 08:45 AM

That is very true, farmers market does sell some dam tasty produce, then again the store i work at time has over 100 of its produce items shipped in from farms in the local area daily (i.e NJ). Then again i may be biased on this whole situation due to the fact that i have worked in a supermarket that does such things for the past 4+ years hahaaha, if i was used to a different store or didnt have the inside scoop i may have different sentiments

yea same here

Old 10-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Organic is BS. It doesn't mean it's good for you, it just isn't poisoned on purpose. I eat better than 99% of people and I can score just as good fruits and veggies for normal prices.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:03 AM

organic means that it had breast milk squirted on it daily from the chick in rangerscott's avatar.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: TheX

It doesn't mean it's good for you, it just isn't poisoned on purpose.
True, but you at least stand more of a chance to minimize your exposure to potentially harmful food if you do buy organic. Also, as we buy more, the prices go down.