Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Need advise thinking of murder...

Old 10-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advise thinking of murder...

I really need Hardcorp's input on this one,
Or mabe his advise would be the one I should avoid, don't know...

Anyway here is the deal:
My wife and I live in this VERY NICE house we got for a steal when we got married. We have put our hearts and souls into it and plan on getting old and Dying in it. But just 3 months after we moved in, the grand child of our next door neghbor (a verry old lady) moved in.

This man was just getting out from prision and rehab and has made the street a living hell since. The old lady died and he inherited the house. He used to have his live in girlfriend with him and they would have the most incredible fights in the middle of the street at 3:00 AM. She actually had him put in jail for 4 months at one time. She aparently got smart and left about a year ago even tho she visits every once in a while.

Ever since he moved in there has been a steady procession of homeless and strange people tat come and give him 10 minute visits. I have mentioned this to the police but they wont bother with him (aparently he is soo small time they wont bother) and a police car comes every couple of weeks to check on him (probably his PO).

The first and only time they have broken into my house, he was standing right in front of it when I got home. I got in and the only thing they got was my wife's laptop, 3 palm pilots I had (I had been upgrading, but never trew away the old ones) jewlery (we didnt have much anyway) and a video camara. Aparently they left in a hurry, because I had cash money on the kitchen counter to pay some bills and they didn't see it. Now here is the kicker. When I went out to call the police he comes to me before I have dialed and he says: "dont tell me they broke into your house" At this point I want to strangle the ****er but I just say, The police are on their way, I just pray to god that they dont find YOUR fingerprints in the CD player that the ashole that broke in just left. at this he gets all stuttery and defensive and says that he saw a guy browsing arround in the previous days...

Long story short, the police found someone else's finger prints and havent done a thing since, after making me waste about 14 hours between giving a statemant, and filling paperwork. This was almost 2 years ago.

JUMP TO THIS WEEK-

A good friend of mine moved into the apartment that we have in the side of our house. He had a small SCOOTER that he uses to go to work. He is a Fis. Ed teacher. and this is his only means of transport. I had told him that i wanted to make a ramp for him to be able to put the Scooter Inside the apartment but had not gotten arround to it. So he was parking it right in front of the house and chaining it to the light post. Last sunday someone cut the chain and stole the scooter while we all slept. This was all under my window and I didn't hear a thing. then douring this week The ******* starts to say to my friend that he saw some homeless guy checking out his apartment and trying to jump the fence. (This guy knows I accussed him last time and hasn't talked to me since) and yesterday I was getting home and saw a homeless guy taking cans out of my trash (not a rare thing at all, as it happens every couple of weeks) anyway I was a little wound up because of the SCOOTER so I go to him and tell him to get lost.

The ******* aparently saw me turning the homeless guy away and comes out and says to me did you see the thief that was checking out your house. I ignore him and go inside.

Last night someone tried to break the lock in the apartment lock. My friend was in his apartment till 11:30 PM and went to a party with his sister and GF. I went to sleep about 1:00 PM but heard a noise. Went down stairs but saw nothing and went right back upstairs. Aparently when they made the noise they heard me coming downstairs and left. But this makes me think, There was nobody out in the street when my friend left the house except this a-hole who is always in his balcony checking out who comes in or out, and is always checking out what you have and when you come in or out.

Nobody knew that my friend wasn't in his apartment, and nobody knew at what time I went to sleep unless they where watching my house and saw the lights go out. The entrance to the apartment is fairly well light so I dont think a homeless will risk it, and they dont usually go around cariing tools to break doors. So the only posibility is that this ashole is watching my house, and mabe not him but he has some friend that he tells when it is "safe" to break in or not. Now my friend is going to move, and understandably so, because he feels that his things are not safe here. Needless to say, I use the rent to pay part of the mortage in the house.

Now my dilema is this:

I know I am phisically able to kick the **** out of this guy, but I dont want to act withowt having uncontestible proof that it is him. I find myself wishing I could catch him In my house because I would have no problem ending his life then and claiming self defence, but I know I dont have the heart to stalk him and end him in some alley.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Default RE: Need advise thinking of murder...

I would suggest a dog. German shepherd, Doberman. Loyal and protective. Keep contacting the police, eventually something has to happen. Or, ever thought about moving? Maybe suggestions you don't want to hear, but thought I would offer peaceful suggestions.

Edit: maybe survelance cameras?

Old 10-26-2008, 10:53 PM

www.adt.com

I have an alarm system, with door, motion and window break sensors. I also have a big loyal dog that is very protective(half pit bull/bull mastif). I have "Beware of Dog" signs up too, just incase he bites someone on my property, I wouldn't be liable, since they where for warned about the dog.

An alarm will stop mosttheifs, a dog will scare off most people before they even try.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:54 PM

+1 for the dobie. my dobie an pit made a bloody mess out the last guy that broke into my house

Old 10-26-2008, 10:56 PM

Have 4 dogs, 3 labs, and 1 basset, they arent much of guard dogs, they used to sleep in our bed before the girl was born. Plus the asshat has made it a habit of throwing food at them even when we told him and some of the other neighbors that we would take action against anyone interfering with our dogs.

will get an alarm system as soon as I can afford one.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:00 PM

ORIGINAL: oreo

Plus the asshat has made it a habit of throwing food at them even when we told him and some of the other neighbors that we would take action against anyone interfering with our dogs.
Sounds like he is trying to make your pets become familiar with him.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:01 PM

yeah, dog is a good idea, just make sure it's an inside dog. With that kind of asshat living near you, I wouldn't be surprised to find antifreeze suppers if you had an outside dog

Old 10-26-2008, 11:01 PM

He's got 4 dogs...

But with a little kid in the house you want pets, not Guard Dogs.

The neighborhood was actually pretty nice, it is on a dead end, so the deadbeats don't have a reason to pass by, except to see this particular deadbeat.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:05 PM

set up a sting op of sorts, stick around but get a friend to leave with like a hoodie or beanie(harder to tell its not you) to leave in your car making them think its you and the house is empty. hang out inside with a loaded 12g...it'd be tricky getting a friend inside without anyone seeing tho

Old 10-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

**** like this is the main reason i put up security cameras all around my home. 7 of them incase anyone is curious and 3 loaded weapons inside . we had a rash of home breakins not to long ago where 5 males would just rush the place not carrying if people were home or not.

in your situation just video tape everything if you cant afford a system. then you can give it to a detective for them to follow up on

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need advise thinking of murder...