Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ordered two cans of Phantom Plate

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ordered two cans of Phantom Plate

The problem with the Mythbusters episode is that they did not use flashes when they were checking the plate blocking stuff. (as far as I could tell) They also did not say that they tested at night. I suspect that when they found out that these products did at least work at night that the producers cut that part out so they wouldn't be targeted by L.E. or get themselves into trouble.

I got hit with the camera once in Cleveland. Ironically, I was headed to court for a meeting with my lawyer. Anyway,I got the ticket in the mail a month after and for the longest time I couldn't even remember going down the street that they said I was caught at. I neevr did pay the ticket and to this day I still cannot find the camera at the intersection claimed in the ticket, nor can I find one along the route I took that morning. They have the photo of my truck, but I honestly had no idea where it came from. I wasn't able to challenge the ticket because by the time I remembered the day I actually traveled into Cleveland the time was up to protest the ticket.

Oddly enough, state law heresays speeding violations are moving violations and moving violations need to be witnessed directly by the police officer, yet somehow the judges have said these red light/speeding cameras are still legal. Wonder what the judges are thinking??

Old 07-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ordered two cans of Phantom Plate

A flash at night I can kind of understand blurring the platethat has the spray on it (But I still dont think it would work). But in the day time no flash is going to be bright enough to work.