Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

opinions, Bums/homeless and spare change

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008 | 02:06 PM
Default RE: opinions, Bums/homeless and spare change

ORIGINAL: Critter

I hear ya. Felt the same way when I was younger. Maybe I've just become jaded. Now when i do give someone money I'm left with the feeling that I'm rewarding bad behavior. Kind of like giving a kid candy when he throws a tantrum.
yeah i see your point. especially since i've moved to a way bigger city and it seems way out of control (just like southpark). i just hate to see a human being hurt. thats funny though as i am in training for mma

Old 08-14-2008 | 02:57 PM

I usualy don't give money, unless someone makes me laugh. Like one time i was in NYC, and this guy just walked right up next to me and started shooting the ****. then like 3 blocks down the road he goes "hey man, can you spare some change for 'The United Negro Pastrami Sandwich Fund" at first i said no and he said "alright nowyou have a nice day." but after about 50 feet i couldn;t stop laughing so i turned around and gave him $2. another time in New Haven a guy helped me parallel park... you know with the hand gestures, and when i got out he asked so i gave him some.

and finally like smokingmole said with the talking to them thing. i sat down on a bench with an old woman one time with an amazing voice who was singing christmas carols for change and i sang with her for a bit...

you really have to make an impression on me to get money... i say we start an educational program that teaches to homeless how to migrate to warmer climates when the seasons change...

Old 08-14-2008 | 03:00 PM

Never had to bother with beggars. This is the closest I've ever seen of um

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4IAE...ture=rec-fresh

Old 08-14-2008 | 03:09 PM

ORIGINAL: itgbudeev

. i sat down on a bench with an old woman one time with an amazing voice who was singing christmas carols for change and i sang with her for a bit...
that is the awesomest hands down ( \i dont know if awesomest is a word but it is for itgbudeev) i love christmas

Old 08-14-2008 | 03:11 PM

My mom had this one guy ask her for money to buy diapers for his kid when she came out of the supermarket. So she went in and bought diapers for him. As we were leaving he was trying to sell the diapers or get someone to go in and get money back.

Old 08-14-2008 | 03:30 PM

ORIGINAL: woo545

My mom had this one guy ask her for money to buy diapers for his kid when she came out of the supermarket. So she went in and bought diapers for him. As we were leaving he was trying to sell the diapers or get someone to go in and get money back.
see it's those guys that turn hearts cold. like i said before in vegas you really run into people that ****ed up and have no way out. at the same time i was at a walmart out there and a guy walked over from a car with the hood up saying he was stuck and needed gas money. needless to say, words smallest violin, i gave him some money. i saw this bastard at a different walmart with the same act in the same week and he didnt even remember me. well now i have enough financial worries that i cant help them out if i wanted to

Old 08-14-2008 | 03:43 PM

Hell. I wont give anybody money. I an't got much in the first place. I've been asked by like random rugged looking people to buy them like a CUP of gas, probably so they can sniff it and get high. What I question is when I drive near the ghettos and see people living in ****ty *** shacks but they have a lifted cadalac on 30 inch chrome rims.

Old 08-14-2008 | 03:47 PM

I live on a debit card, no cash. Problem solved.

Old 08-14-2008 | 04:19 PM

the only time i have given money was because one showed up at my doorstep and i opened the door expecting my friend to be there. He gave the long story about how his gf left him on the highway about 7 miles from where I was and he walked by thousands of houses until he got to mine to ask. I gave him all that was in my wallet ($2) and he asked "do you have anymore money? as he's looking over my shoulder into my room and looking around which pissed me off..other than that i have never given money. Mostly because in Austin there are so many and many of them even hold up signs saying different versions of"why lie? i need a beer". I also dont like how they would do something as a service or to help when I didnt ask them to but then expect money out of it, such as cleaning my windshield when i tell them no because i just got my car fixed or helping me back into a parking spot. I'm pretty tough on giving out money because I don't have money to be handing out.. and it's just too hard to tell who are the ones that actually will use that help to better themselves rather than waste it gettin wasted.

Old 08-14-2008 | 04:30 PM

ORIGINAL: TD600

the only time i have given money was because one showed up at my doorstep and i opened the door expecting my friend to be there. He gave the long story about how his gf left him on the highway about 7 miles from where I was and he walked by thousands of houses until he got to mine to ask. I gave him all that was in my wallet ($2) and he asked "do you have anymore money? as he's looking over my shoulder into my room and looking around which pissed me off.. other than that i have never given money. Mostly because in Austin there are so many and many of them even hold up signs saying different versions of "why lie? i need a beer". I also dont like how they would do something as a service or to help when I didnt ask them to but then expect money out of it, such as cleaning my windshield when i tell them no because i just got my car fixed or helping me back into a parking spot. I'm pretty tough on giving out money because I don't have money to be handing out.. and it's just too hard to tell who are the ones that actually will use that help to better themselves rather than waste it gettin wasted.
SERIOUSLY, Austin is the capitol of roadside beggars.

Quick Reply: opinions, Bums/homeless and spare change