Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Open carry in Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Open carry in Texas?

ORIGINAL: RCR

Only wackos want to walk around with a gun on their hip[&:]its not the old west anymore..

I agree. I'm a gun owner and I dont see why people need to show off their guns. Just cause you have a gun doesnt mean someone wont kill you if they want to.

Ti put that political **** up.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:41 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: Ti954

ORIGINAL: RCR

Only wackos want to walk around with a gun on their hip[&:]its not the old west anymore..

Let me guess, you're a democrat and you voted for Obama. Am I right?
Iprobably own more guns then you. I just don't have a little mans attitude that I need to carry a weapon in public to act like IM important. Maybe I live a normal life and Im not putting myself in areas that require me to be packing a gun. Now if I were in a position that required me to carry a gun, I would most likely have a CWP so I wouldn't be bringing unwanted attention to myself.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me guess, you're a democrat and you voted for Obama. Am I right?
Keep your politics to yourself. Forum rules about that stuff.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:51 PM
RCR

This guy wants open carry laws (stole from X's post)

Name:  wacko.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  43.2 KB

Im not really against it just see no real reason for it.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:59 PM

Nah, dog. You be haten on us wantin 2 carry my 9 on my hip. Brotha dont know when a cap gonna be busted yo azz. Got repzent da dirty south.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

And as far as a concealed weapon being a deterent, are you friggin kidding me? I'd rather a criminal see my gun first and decide to go pick on easier prey then wait till they are in my face with whatever weapon they have so I can hopefully have the time and opportunity to pull out a concealed weapon.

So by you carrying in the open your not deterring crime either, your just pushing it off on someone else. Even if everyone in america carried there would still be crime, and probably a lot more murders. I will not however infringe on your right to arm yourself and protect yourself, thats your business.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:07 PM

The only time I'd want to carry my 9 is on bike trips. I just dont see the need to carry while going down the street to walmart. But I know, what if terrorist attacked THAT walmart at THAT moment I was there. Well, **** happens.

I dont even load my gun, I pistol whip bitches or use slappers only but play as oddjob.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:12 PM

I think the reason gun advocates, want to have an open carry law. Is that it forces guns to be a part of everyday life in society. That people will be forced to see them, and except with them on a daily basis.
Maybe it's because im Candain, But I think it's kinda sad, when you don't have the freedom to walk around safe without having to be armed to the teeth. IMO

Old 12-03-2008, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: thegreenbandit

I think the reason gun advocates, want to have an open carry law. Is that it forces guns to be a part of everyday life in society. That people will be forced to see them, and except with them on a daily basis.
Maybe it's because im Candain, But I think it's kinda sad, when you don't have the freedom to walk around safe without having to be armed to the teeth. IMO
What are you talking about? Its like wearing a watch, blends right in.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:01 PM

When i do carry it is mostly concealed, sholder holster, under the seat of my truck or in my tank bag. But sometimes I just feel llike exercising my 2nd ammendment rights. Has nothing to do with "little man attitude" as some eloquent member puts it. The second ammendment is a very big deal to me. There has been more than one occasion where the mere visual presence of my .45 has de-escalated a situation from becoming something much worse. I support open carry very much but it's not like I walk around town with a gun on my belt all the time, but i'll be god damned if the state or the feds are gonna tell me I can't!

Quick Reply: Open carry in Texas?