Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Old Spice RED ZONE. Beware...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Spice RED ZONE. Beware...

Saw this on another forum.

Thought it was crazy & never hurts to give a heads up right? I would of just disregarded it, and took it as maybe this guy had sensitive skin, but as he mentioned he had found others with the same story....

This is regarding the Red Zone line of deodorant marketed by Old Spice. I recently tried their deodorant since I've been using the bodywash for about 5 or 6 years now. The first time I used it I developed a rash, so I went for a shower to get the deodorant off, I figured the problem would be solved. By the end of the night, I noticed intense pain under my arms, and I figured it was just from working out earlier in the day. I got into the shower later on and noticed a red mark under my arms, lifted my arm up for a better look and it was all under my arm (not where the hair is, oddly). The pain began to get worse, and I wound up getting it checked out. I was told that it was a third degree chemical burn. I have been in severe pain, unable to move my arms at all without being in pain, and very uncomfortable for about a week now. It began as a red rash (thus, the "Red Zone", as I've read online from others who had identical problems), evolved into blistered skin, and now it looks like I took a blowtorch to my underarms.

I wanted to share this with you guys, in hopes that I could persuade anyone considering trying this deodorant against it, because this has been by far one of the most painful experiences I've been through.
One week later...

Old 11-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Default RE: Old Spice RED ZONE. Beware...

How else do you expect to get rid of nasty BO without a lil burning sensation

Old 11-10-2008, 02:23 PM

Like the container says "If a rash developes discontenue use and seek a physician"

Old 11-10-2008, 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: city worker

Like the container says "If a rash developes discontenue use and seek a physician"
I feel ya. The guy that posted up to original said the same thing.. He doesnt have a lawsuit or anything.. Just thought it would be a bitch.. third degree burns over trying to be fresh. hehe

Old 11-10-2008, 02:32 PM

I used the red zone pure sport for years with no issues, at least not that bad. In the last few months, i switched to a natural brand called tom's of maine: http://www.tomsofmaine.com/toms/prod...00&pf_id=BW-ND

The stuff is about 1-1/2 times the price, but doesn't use aluminum like the regular brands, which isn't very good for you. You might need to re- apply a bit more often, but it's worth it. It actually uses hops (the flower-used in making beer), which makes sense, if you've ever smelled an exceptionally "hoppy" beer Actually, i ran out for a day last week, and had to use the old spice I had laying around. It turned my armpits green!

Actually, now that I think of it, I used to notice my pores would get clogged with the old spice from time to time, and would seep a disgusting yellow deodorant paste (not often, maybe twice a year). That's what first made me want to change. Oh, and my armpit skin started to peel off when I switched brands, confirming my sound decision.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it really caused that in multiple people there would be law suits, seriously. Homeboy prolly has po0sie underarms.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:47 PM

Ive had a problem like that before. Cant remember the brand though. After a couple days of use my arms started to burn a little. I stoped before it got bad I guess.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nowwe know why it's called "Red Zone" [sm=icon_flaming.gif]

Old 11-10-2008, 03:07 PM

i had a similar problem with old spice. Not third degree burns by any means, it just made a huge rash in my arm pits and down my sides where it ran down with sweat. I just quit using it and it went away in a few days. I stick to my speed stick and have no problems. I also use the old spice body wash with no problems too. Some people just react to different things in different ways.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:20 PM

Ive used Old Spice since I can remember. Over 10 years. I have experianced this before but not to his degree. Several times Ive had burning that hurt so bad I had to look, and my whole pit was beat red. Seemed to happened only when I wasnt able to shower and applied more deodorant for the next day. Havent had the problem for atleast 6 months.

Quick Reply: Old Spice RED ZONE. Beware...