Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

OK! Question!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OK! Question!?

Alright, in the past few years of buying bikes and cars and looking at them in my free time, i see alot of people saying " will not ship" or do not want to ship.... my question is WHY... what is the difference, how do you think you are goin to get a car to someone when you live on the east coast and they live on the west coast. or vise versa, me.,. i shipped a car and a bike before, and also bought a car and had it shipped... what is the big deal .. please some opinons and ideas would enlighted me.. because i just dont see the big deal..

Old 01-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OK! Question!?

I frankly dont like shipping big items due to 1) the hassel it was from the first experience, (2) the problems that could occur in the transit, (3) the whole, I didnt get this, I wasnt expecting that, this isnt what was described crap. I would personally just have Joe Schmo come and look at it and know what he is getting that was there is no question play and no disappointed customers and oppurtunity for having them returns it or file a compalint. I will do it if I have to or someone REALLY wants something I have, but I would rather do it locally. thats just my opinion though.

Old 01-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Banned

well thank you for your opinon, and which i understand, this is how i look at it... i am a pretty honest person.. i tell the person how it is. i also tell them once u ship it .. it's yours .. also if something happends in transit.. o well not my problem after the car leaves my hands, but i see what you are saying thanks, anyone else?

Old 01-14-2007, 11:53 PM

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR

I frankly dont like shipping big items due to 1) the hassel it was from the first experience, (2) the problems that could occur in the transit, (3) the whole, I didnt get this, I wasnt expecting that, this isnt what was described crap. I would personally just have Joe Schmo come and look at it and know what he is getting that was there is no question play and no disappointed customers and oppurtunity for having them returns it or file a compalint. I will do it if I have to or someone REALLY wants something I have, but I would rather do it locally. thats just my opinion though.
Exactly....I am honest also but some people are just a PITA.....and the biggest reason why i wont ship is becuase they want you to pay for the shipping of a vehicle.....I fthe person wants it and wants to pay shipping then thats fine, but dont expect the seller to pay any of the shipping.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:24 AM
Banned

o NO WAY i wont pay for ANY SHIPPING FEES or anything and i will not go out of my way for the shipping company to pick the vehicle or bike up.. when they called i set the schedule and if that didn't work i told them and they had to call the buyer back and that was there problem, but i see it as this.. i live in wisconsin.. if you live in florida.. and u have money RIGHT NOW i will ship it i dont really care, it's just the fact of when i see a car that i might be interested in and seller says i wont ship.. just tells me that you really dont wanna see this vehicle so unless it is really what i am looking for i will look for anothe vehicle closer or that is willing to ship

Old 01-15-2007, 01:08 AM

i purchased a car and had it shipped i wanted to cry when i got it. the trucking company had a big junker above it that leaked oil and trans fluid all over it and the car behind it was rubbing bumper half the ride so had to have the bumper repaired very bad experince. dont think i would do it again.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:13 AM
Banned

wow sorry to hear that