Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Oh, the shame

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey elf, I got a Doctor that can take care of that for you....

Glad to hear that you didn't take the advice some have been giving about riding gear.

What is up with everyone going down lately?

04 cbr..250s have just about the highest resell value of any bike. Buy used for 1800 and ride it for a year and sell it for 1800. You just wanted what you wanted, just take care and keep it rubber side down.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:35 AM

LOL rod38um I did the same thing man. I was riding and my shoe string got caught on the right heal guard. I didnt drop it but if def will throw you off. As for your ankle all I could notice is your lack of leg hair. Why I noticed that I dont know, however man if you havent take the MSF class and learn from there my friend. The only way to get better if ride ride then ride some more. Practice good habits and you will be fine. Keep us updated.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by FITZ
As for your ankle all I could notice is your lack of leg hair. Why I noticed that I dont know,
i thought the same

Old 06-04-2009, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by FITZ
As for your ankle all I could notice is your lack of leg hair. Why I noticed that I dont know, however man i
Well.... she is a chick so............

Old 06-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Should've included the toenails, that would've been a dead giveaway. Yeah, I am a chick.

Originally Posted by Hangfire
As for the drop, overacceleration in a short sharp starting off turn is easy to do with a 600. Bikes so light, and your front wheels turned so far that any excess power doesn't transfer into acceleration, it transfers into a sideways slide of the rear tire and usually ends up in a minor highside if it catches, or a lowside if it doesn't. Had it happen to me recently too with a near invisible patch of gravel while leaving a friends driveway. Caught it by slapping a foot down, but it wasn't graceful and my ankle was sore for a bit. Worst part is my bud was outside to see it happen, you don't get kudos for saving it <if you do> you just look like a squid, lol. No big deal though, happens to everyone, just learn from it and start off more carefully, especially leaving driveways, or taking left turns from a light.
Interesting..ok, yeah, that makes sense. The fact that we have these huuge storm gutters in florida doesn't help, when I get in one, it's a pretty sharp jolt and my feet don't touch the ground anymore.

I've been sitting here trying to deconstruct it. I *think* what may have happened is I hit the storm drain/gutter at the end of our driveway and leaned on the throttle too hard trying to get out of it since I had no foot touching the ground, plus what you mentioned about hard left turns; then I panicked, didn't brake at all and tried to turn the handlebars rather than stop. It was just all so damn fast.

And yeah- I already knew wearing leathers was a good move- now I won't ever, ever venture out even down to the corner without them. Everything held together, just some scuffs- even at that low speed, I could've had some nasty scratches without it.

I'm really just sad about the scratches on my baby I knew it was going to happen sooner or later though, that's why I bought used. It just suuuucks. SUCH an ego blow.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Rebecca, I am sorry to hear this but at least you are ok and the bike not too bad, as said a wee bit too much throttle pulling away and if the ground is slippy or gravel then the bike slides to one side either low siding or high siding if the wheel regains grip again ... as to your swelling keep the weight off it for now and keep it elevated too :-)

Jules

Old 06-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cman9toes
Hey elf, I got a Doctor that can take care of that for you....
LOL!!! Cman you kill me dude...

Old 06-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happens to everyone. I have laid my F2 down a few times at a stand still, lol. Only scratched the stator cover and that little bubble on the side fairing. Ill just sand and repaint the stator cover & use some touch up paint on the fairing, no biggie.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:54 AM

Ha well I did not know that.

Quick Reply: Oh, the shame