Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Oh, the shame

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh, the shame

Made it a month but...dumped my bike tonight for the first time >< Sprained ankle, rashed up fairings, broken LED blinker on the left side. Nothing too serious, this is why I hadn't repainted the fairings already, I knew I'd do something eventually.

Worst part is the sheer embarrassment. I was leaving our house, making a left out of the driveway that I've done every single day I've ridden, and...all I remember is oh **** that throttle sounds high.. BAM. Wound up in the storm drain on the other side of the street with the bike on my left leg going "Well...that wasn't good." Wish I could remember more clearly so I don't do whatever I did in knee jerk reaction again. I don't even remember if I braked or just let off the throttle or what.

Learning sucks >< Sprained pride is the worst part, seriously. That and the scratches on my baby

Flame away/poke fun as needed, I know I'm inexperienced. One thing I will say is I'm *amazed* at the amount of scuffing that can happen at low speeds. I'm glad I was wearing my leathers.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:03 PM

No flaming, fun poking...... **** happens...... Now get out there right now, sprained ankle and all and ride that sucker at least a couple miles. Ride until you feel the fun you usually feel. Then come home and analyze what went wrong.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Once I can feel my toes, I will Nothing broken but it's going to take some swelling going down. Definitely not going to let it sit, don't want to psyche myself out.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:12 PM

Thats okay bud, I'm inexperienced! I haven't wrecked my bike or gotten seriously injured (only mentally). I dropped the bike a couple times on concrete (not fun), which is why I need to seriously invest in frame sliders haha.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Yeah funny thing is I was just thinking today I should get some after reading Aken's thread. Guess those would've been nice!

Old 06-03-2009, 08:34 PM

Well guys, most accidents happen at slow speeds or standing still. I've been riding since I was 5 years old, I'm 43 now.... I almost dumped mine last year when it was new. My son was down the road somewhere, thought I would just hop on the new bike, find him and have come home. I was wearing tennis shoes, went down to the stop sign, tried to put my foot down and my shoe string loop was caught around the gear shift. I knew better but thought, I'm just going 3 or 4 hundred yards down the road, what could happen...... lol This year, I made a lazy turn onto another road and there must have been sand there or something, the back end jumped out on me, foot went down.... kinda made me sore for a couple days.... jerked me pretty hard... lol
This is why people recomend getting a used bike to start on.... lol

Old 06-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

No kidding. I'm so glad I went used- doesn't make me any happier I scuffed it, but at least it's not something with payments on it.

Sure is a reminder than stuff can happen anytime, anywhere. If I wasn't already convinced to wear my gear anytime I'm out, I am now.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:40 PM

I have my 600rr to get used to haha. No point in buying a 250 to out grow in 6 month and never get money back to buy 600.

The only thing about the 04 cbr and several other models, is that you have to do body modifications to install sliders. I'm gunna take mine to the dealer so they can install em =D.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator
Old 06-03-2009, 11:11 PM

Yep, looks a bit swollen..... Time for motrin and ice bags..... lol

Quick Reply: Oh, the shame