Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

That OH **** moment

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This past weekend me and my girl were ridding down some county roads when i noticed a few small tree limbs fall from the trees ahead of us, i slowed and went around them into the other lane when a huge *** tree branch fell from the trees and landed on our heads... the diameter of the limb had to be around 8 inches! Luckly i was able to stop the bike without laying it down... Scared the **** out of us!

Old 08-04-2011, 04:34 PM
October 2011 ROTM

CBR way to copy my thread topic that I created a year and a half ago https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic...moment-104575/

Old 08-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's mine from a year ago. https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-sk...ar-hit-113996/
Took me the ride to work to stop shaking completely. Bugged me bad enough to ask how to avoid it

Old 08-04-2011, 08:40 PM

I had a "ha" moment in a middle of a turn and slipped on a road snake. I am sure everybody has had it happen, but when it happened to me I went OH sh*&. The bike settled in and no harm, that's why I love my CBR.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by R Dub
CBR way to copy my thread topic that I created a year and a half ago https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic...moment-104575/

Never even saw that thread. haha

Anyways i had another one today. On my way home i always take this really nice left turn. Its a nive 30mph curve. I take it a little faster and as im mid lean i feel the bike kinda slip and shake really quick. It stands back up and i was like WTF was that. So i turn around and redo the turn(at a much slower pace) im looking and there is patch of sand. The road is one of those tanish white roads so i never saw it till i drove by at like 5mph. scary as hell.

I just wanna know how sand gets into some random places . Cause it wasnt there a few hours prior.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
Ever have one?

The most recent one happened yesterday at about 4am on my way to work. I was on my bike and i just got gas. As im driving i remember i didnt press the reset button. So i go to reset it. (on the 09 you have to hold it for 3 seconds before it resets and a tap will change the MPH to KMPH). I look at my speed a few mins later and was like HOLY CRAP 97!!!!! I then see that i changed MPH to KMPH. I was only doing around 50. lol

The first one i had on a bike was driving my it home from texas. I was on the freeway in the fast lane and i looked down at the right side of my bike for about 5 seconds. When i looked up i was about 1-2ft away from the wall on my left. I managed to swerve and stay up. Made me realise that just a few seconds of distraction can be fatal.

Anyone have a good story?
Jesus man - how many times are you gonna crash your bike?

Old 08-05-2011, 10:13 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Just had one literally 2 minutes ago. Was turning into my subdivison, mid lean like CBR, when I hit some sand/gravel and the front end washed out. Luckily I was able to pull in the clutch, put my foot down and straighten myself out. Scared the chit out of me that is for sure.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:26 AM

My "oh chitt" moment happened a week ago.

Was chillin at home and decided to go for a little burn around the valley, and up the canyon. On my way back home it was the start of afternoon rush hour. So as i get close to the spaghetti bowl, i slow speed and get best position for letting others get on or off the freeway. All the while paying attention to truck getting really close to my tail and the cars trying to merge. When at the last second, a young girl to the right of me decided she wanted my spot changed lanes (with no blinker or warning). Braking, watching mirror, and now pushed to left lines a foot from car on my left side, she missed me by inches. SERIOUS BUTT PUCKER!!

The only thing going through my head for the minute or so was, "smile and wave boys, smile and wave". Get passed the bowl and everyone gets back to freeway speeds. As i pass her, i noticed her gesture me and fallow with "ok?". And the only thing i could do was wave back.....WITH MY MIDDLE FINGER!

It took 1 stiff Jack & coke, and three beers to get myself back together.

Last edited by KIDZPLAY; 08-07-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
I just wanna know how sand gets into some random places . Cause it wasnt there a few hours prior.
Crazy how stuff randomly appears while your riding the motorcycle.. My big one is Jaywalkers... while driving a car.. I never see them.. Never almost hit them.. Nothing.. On the motorcycle.. Happens about 2-3 times a day... Like... WTF! haha!

I can never figure out how Sand,Gravel,Water, Dirt, Mud, whatever.. Just randomly pops up on the road.. i think theres a guy that goes around and says "hey watch this" and dumps stuff on the Road hahahahahaha!

Old 08-08-2011, 07:49 AM

Had one saterday morning, was taking my normal route to work and I noticed that there was about a foot wide trail of something that a tanker must have been leaking. This trail followed the exact roads I needed to take to go to work too.

I almost get to work the whole time avoiding this mess in the road which just happened to be in the middle of my lane, when I go to take a slow right turn at a light which required me to cross this trail. All of a sudden my back tire kicks out and I end up putting my foot out and was able to straighten her out which no doubt saved me but damn.

The next day this trail was still visible but covered in sand/kitty litter or something, and even 2 days later it is still visible so I know it wasn't water, oil or something.

Quick Reply: That OH **** moment