Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Official NBA Playoff Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official NBA Playoff Thread

I live and die by the Lakers. My family hates when the Lakers are in the playoffs because I become a true a$$hole depending on the success/failure of my team. I usually offend everyone in the household on any given day of the playoffs. I am watching right now, and the Atlanta Hawks (tons of you members from Georgia) have just forced a 7th game against the "best" team in the NBA. My best guess places the Detroit Pistons against the LA Lakers in the finals. When they matched up in 2004, the Lakers got their asses kicked. That was a bad year in my house, and I still get sick thinking about it. Lakers FTW!!! What do you fellers and girlys think?

P.S. Please no "basketball is stupid" posts...don't waste your time if you don't care.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Official NBA Playoff Thread

First time in 9 years the Phillips Arena had a reason to cheer. I've been to games there in the past few years where you could take your books and study in peace. But yeah even die hard fans didn't give them a chance after the Celtics blew'em out the first 2 games of this series (not to mention the games during the regular season) ... quite amazing for the no. 8 seed to take the no. 1 seed to a 7th game so regardless of what happens Sunday at least there's a reason to watch the hawks again now .. since the days of spud and dominque the hawks hadn't done shiet but looks like Joe Johnson might finally be changin things around these here parts, ya hear? .. woohoo.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I am a Suns fan so i am just crabby, i hope the Hornets kick the s*^$ outa the spurs, i cant stand to watch those crying, flopping, whiny bitches play anymore. I would also like to see T-mac get outa the first round but not looking good atm. At this point i will still watch the Celtics and Lakersand hopethats the finals,but if for some crazy reason the Spurs and Pistons go to the finals again i will not watch.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Banned

One word

SPURS!!!!!

Old 05-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

^ Grrr i wanna start a fight, i really really do [:@] However i will stay civil.

GO HORNETS

Old 05-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Banned

^^^LOL.... I had to do it.

I personally can't stand the Spurs, but you have to aknowledge that they are a legacy in the making...

I am a Kings fan myself, but we all know what happened to them. And by the looks of things, we are loosing the Seattle Supersonics in the next year or two.

Soooo my official canidate for this year is the Celtics.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Agreed, the legacy will stand that they are the most boring team to ever win however many rings they have. I will acknowledge also that Duncan is probably one of the best power forwards to play the game, thats as far as i will go.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Retired Moderator

I am a Suns fan so i am just crabby
I was a Shaq fan when he was with the Magic. I watched them get their asses swept by Houston in the finals. I followed him toLos Angelasand became a Laker fan (I was born in Norwalk Ca, so I have a birthright). They won their rings, and when Shaq was ousted, I was pro Kobe. He went to Miami and won another ring (while The Lakers missed the playoffs). Then...The Suns traded Marion for Shaq?!?!?!?! He was their best defender...and they bought a washed up big man to battle with The Spurs' Tim Duncan. Oops...sorry Steve Kerr...you just f_cked up!