Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

OFF TOPIC

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OFF TOPIC

Seems to be a lot of confusion over what is allowed and what is not in the OT section. I see the numbers and believe a lot of the confusion is because people are posting opinions without having read what they are opining about ... opining being code word for BITCHING

Dudes, if you are gonna gripe at least have some righteous indignation in that you know why you are pissed. Here is the OT part of the code of conduct :
Contrary to popular belief, CBRF is a motorcycle forum and as such every post in every section in every area should at least vaguely be motorcycle related. This is not to say you can not post a thread wishing a member happy birthday or congrats on a baby or the like. There will still be some leniency in Off Topic for threads of general interest to the majority of the members. So if you post up a top ten things to do with green snot thread do not be surprised or hurt when it goes missing and you are contacted by the staff.
Suppose we could have added 1000 different things that are and are not allowed ... but few would have read it. Hell, it isn't that overwhelming now and it has few hits compared to the number we have online.

If an OT thread is deemed by a moderator or admin to be not of general interest to the board it will be locked or moved. Nothing is new about that concept. What is new is we are enforcing what we should have been enforcing all along.

I will take full blame for letting OT get completely out of hand. I only ventured to OT if someone complained. And then I dreaded it because I knew there would be wading through 10 pages of BS to find out who did what.

And OT WAS out of hand. I see the myriad of replies where you guys say "it aint that bad" but in truth your fellow members are the ones who think it is that bad. Even the ones of you that are very close and defend 'anything goes' have sat on your hands and come up with excuse after excuse why you can't get a CBRF IM group going. 5 of you PMd me saying the IM group would not be moderated and it would be anarchy.

I understand that internet friendships are real and I would never try to keep you guys from being friends or communicating. But if it was me, and on one board it WAS me, I'd find a place where me and my buds could BS and call the admins an ***. You guys must not really be that close. Just want a big board to chat on all night. Sorry, this ain't it anymore.

The moderators will have full authority over what fits 'general interest'. No. They are not *****. I am not a **** either. Read a history book if you think otherwise. All of our moderators have been here a while and are great people and quite capable of determining when a thread is just stupid or of interest to most of the members.

If they move your thread DEAL WITH IT. Unless you are alerting me to an ICBM headed towards my house NOTHING posted on this forum is really all that important. I suppose where you work or go to school or in any story or restaurant you guys are used to being able to say anything to anybody or go up to a group of people and chime in with sarcastic remarks or jack the topic of conversation. Good for you but it will not be that way here any more.

No one has been banned over any of this. Anyone choosing to leave is doing so on their own. I do not want anyone to leave but I am not going to beg anyone to stay. So if you just really hate it here and do not want to be part of making this place better then leave. But do not post any more "Leaving" threads. Going forward they will be deleted as soon as they are detected.

None of this post is aimed at anyone in particular. Just things that I am noticing in general.

PM me for clarification of anything written here.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: OFF TOPIC

Update: 2 have been banned for 3 days. Should they wish to remain members they will be welcomed back with open arms but the forum policies will be enforced.