Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

the nothing fight

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 03:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the nothing fight

you all know what that is, you have a MASSIVE fight with your girl over nothing, i had one today over a shoe lace, yeah, a shoe lace, it was world war 3 in my place.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:08 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: the nothing fight

You should never sweat the small stuff ... I hope you two patch things up quickly :-)

Jules

Old 03-21-2008, 03:26 AM

it was over a shoe lace so, yeah we did, it was funny, i started to laugh in the middle of it, i think that made it worse.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hahah its never good to laugh, damnit! you REEEEEEEEEEEEALLY have to pick/choose your battles.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:33 AM

Glad you sorted it ... :-)

Jules

Old 03-21-2008, 03:34 AM

it was funny, she broke her shoe lace and said it was my fault, i started to laugh, my bad lmao

Old 03-21-2008, 05:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha, My wife & I have been together for 30 years all up, we have had fights over just about everything, important to not so important. Wife: "I thought your bike was Red?", Me: "Yeah well, that was till this morning..". The secret is that you feel comfortable in being able to have a fight (disagreement as we like to say), You know that even when the red mist covers your eyes, that at the end your still going to be together. You never say anything hurtfull or off base. Wife: "You went our & bought a new bike without talking it over?". Me "I had to do something to compensate for your terrible choice in clothes & your mother smells funny".
It's good for a realtionship to let off steam, if though, your fighting over everything, all the time, then your in deep do do.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:08 AM

Fighting over the small stuff is generally a bad omen ... also don't go to bed angry, ever! ... That's an important one :-)

Jules

Old 03-21-2008, 05:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes, a fight over something small is a sign that something larger is bothering her/you. Although you might think it's absurd or funny, you can also take it as a sign that she/you may be stressed. So the shoelace here, might be a sign that you weren't listening to her before when you were watching the game....or something else that basically built up to her blaming you over her shoelace.

Fighting over the small stuff is generally a bad omen ... also don't go to bed angry, ever! ... That's an important one :-)

Jules
This is really important too. Something my parents used to say. If something is bothering you/her, talk it out. You don't want to let it fester. If you don't talk it out before bed, chances are you won't ever, but it may end up building resentment toward the other. You want to get resolution. You want to feel comfortable about the subject and not feel a thorn in your side everytime you look back at it. Either of you. It's not about who is right or wrong, but how the person feels.

Think of each problem as a grain of salt. You take care of the problem, it desolves away. You ignore it or not take care of it, it remains. Each little unhandled grain remains and gradually grows into a small mound, then hill then mountain. This will become a towering mountain and look unsurmountable. Since these may be problems with one another....then you are that mountain.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:46 AM

That's great advice Nick :-)

... also if you do go to bed angry in the same bed ... you will have astral wars all night long ...

...just trust me on that one! ;-)

Jules

Quick Reply: the nothing fight