Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

No Trip :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Trip :(

Well... My Trip to Hawaii Has been Cancelled... Yum Called it..

My Girlfriend owns a wedding planning business and has been planning a wedding that was supposed to be in Hawaii.. all was going well.. Coming down to the final month... and BAM get a call 5 minutes ago saying they were calling off the wedding....

Now.. I've never been at the Alter.. Or in the process of planning a wedding of my own... so my question for you guys is..

What makes one call off a wedding? Everything has been going good up to that point.. Why call it off? What makes someone.. Or a couple.. Just call it quits? Anyone been in that situation?

Old 08-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are plenty of reasons.

For the bride to call it off:
Caught groom to be in bed with another women
Came clean about being with another women while you were together
Familys dont get along
Realise he is a total douche

For the groom to call it off:
Caught bride in bed with another man
Came clean about being with another man while you were together
Realise she makes your life hell and you liked playing xbox in your boxers till 2pm.
Realise how much money being married will cost and decide to go single.
Realise she is a crazy B****.
Or read this fairy tale

Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess Will you marry me? The Princess said NO And the Prince lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and slept with sexy big busted broads and hunted and raced cars and went to titty bars and dated women half his age and drank whiskey, beer and Tequilla and never heard complaining and never paid child support or alimony and kept his house and guns and motorcycle and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was cool as hell and he had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up ..... The end

Old 08-03-2011, 08:22 PM

HAHA! Love the story!

And yeah those are good reason.. I just never got why people call it off when they are finalizing everything.. I can see.. You get engaged.. Enjoy that like... 5 day excitement.. .And then reality hits and you dont want to do it anymore...
But to plan for 6 months and get everything all ready and your done... And then calling it off?? it just blows my mind..

It sucks.. Cuz in the end they paid for 5 Plane tickets too Hawaii. (Bride and Groom, Plus my girlfriend, Photographer, and the photographer's assistant) All the time my girlfriend spent (all together their bill is 3.8K just for her) planning it. I think if its money they are going to get a rude awakening when my girlfriend hands them the bill for her time.. And she bought a $3,000 dress.. Not too sure if thats refundable or not.. I dont think so... but i could be wrong.. so $6.4K is down the drain for nothing... the hotel and venue were refundable... But they lost the $1,800 Deposit they needed to put down for the Hotel and Venue...

So now they are at $8.2K Down the Drain... Again.. For nothing

Old 08-03-2011, 08:48 PM

It amazes me people put so much money into a wedding! Ours was small and simple but still a good time. No more than 4 grand.

I mean 4k will throw a helluva party. lol

Old 08-03-2011, 09:08 PM

LMAOO @ the story! ye i can see your confusion.. sounds like maybe parents got in the way because it sounds like they were pretty sure about it

Old 08-03-2011, 09:11 PM

Yeah. People spend a Lot of money on a wedding.. This wasnt even close to being her biggest wedding of the year either hahaha. Her biggest wedding this year was a budget of $95K (actual spending was $80K). Her Smallest wedding this year was 2.5K? i believe.. Those are fun and all... But she tends to try and keep those simple and not spend to much time with those.. Because when its all said and done she only gets 20% of the Budget.. So a 2.5K Wedding budget earns her 500$. But at the same time she can plan 10, 2.5K Budget weddings and spend the same amount of time planning just one wedding and get paid roughtly the same.. so its a win win.. I've Learned a lot about weddings being with her! haha!

And Im not too sure on the parents either... They seemed to be pretty helpful through the whole thing.. But then again.. That could of been it.. guess ill never know! haha!

Last edited by Dfbewley2; 08-03-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:17 PM

Im just disappointed i dont get to go on my trip anymore

Old 08-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Administrator - Retired

Sorry to hear that your trip got screwed up, man. That sucks.

I can't tell you why people call it quits right before their wedding, tho. Maybe he found out that she banged every dude in california?
Or maybe he's in love with her brother?
But most likely it's because they're both dumb and immature.

Btw, my wedding cost me $60.

I'd do it all again tomorrow, too. It was worth it.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93

I mean 4k will throw a helluva party. lol

Old 08-03-2011, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Maybe he found out that she banged every dude in california?
Or maybe he's in love with her brother?

#1 Possibly..
#2 Only happens down south

Haha!

yeah.. We might take the trip there anyway (i fly for free and her ticket is already paid for) But who knows.. She might pick up another Wedding here in a couple days So we shall see..

Hopefully i can get away with a cheap wedding.. BUT Her Grandparents sold a house in Mexico (long story.. House worth 125K and they got 400K) and they put it into a bank account for her and her brother when they get married.. Now i jsut got to marry her.. HAHA :icon_greed y: HAHAHAHA!

Quick Reply: No Trip :(