Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

nice to see

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 02:47 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nice to see

its nice to see that all the bitching that gets done on here about "how fast have you taken your bike?" threads does have a posetive impact . (hopefully more people will listen)if something good can come from such a tradgic experience then maybe the final outcome can serve some sort of purpose (and im trying to explain this with all do respect for shane and his family) and not be a sensless tradgedy .

ORIGINAL: rmr1923

ORIGINAL: catamayo85

https://cbrforum.com/m_283141/mpage_.../tm.htm#283141

read it, and use your ****ing heads when you ride
i just got through reading that whole thread and i have to say it's been one of the most sobering experiences i've had recently. makes me really think about some of the dumb **** i've done and realize that i need to back off and just enjoy riding, and realize that i don't have to pull wheelies and hit triple digits to have fun (i don't make a habit of speeding, but i have gone out on Hwy 82/62 east of town here and hit 150+ recently). it's just real eerie that the guy posted a thread about how fast his speedo showed, and then apparantly later that night he died doing the same thing. everyone be careful, the racetrack and dragstrip are the places to go fast, not public roads with other motorists.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:37 AM
Default RE: nice to see

yup.. that was his last post... sad . I know i've done some stupid sh*t too. but always in the back of my mind is dieing (sad but true). RIP shane, ihope heaven has hot chicks and fast bikes - save me a seat brother..

i hope people slow down a bit.. too many accidents and deaths this year - we all have the rest of our lifes to ride, what's the hurry?

Old 08-15-2007, 08:28 AM
Default RE: nice to see

Wow, its funny, everybody talks about speed killing. I didn't see the article say "as soon as he hit a high rate of speed, he died" I saw "Lost controll and hit a van" A FUC*ING VAN! Comon! Maby if people just payed a little mor attention and decided not to ride ***** out in rush hour traffic things like this woulndt happen! My main reson for not speeding is tickits! Not death, cause I can assess the situation, ie weather, road conditions, lighing, TRAFFIC, ect, ect, ect, before I twist the grip I also leave myself a good safety buffer to slow down! I'll speed sometimes, if I can see a mile ahead of me without cars, or intersections that cars could come from... but other than that, I just sit and wait for a track day.... or go hit up some lesser traveld back roads. I do feel for this mans family and friends, and It's always a tragidy when a fellow biker goes down, but comon guys, He hit a van on a Fu*king HWY! Ok, flame on. Just want people to take responsibility for their actions and not just "oh he was speeding, so he died"