Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

NEWBIE MISTAKES!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEWBIE MISTAKES!!!!

I have 2 for ya.
1st one: My first bike a 1984 Honda Saber 750, the front brakes were gone so I bought replacements and decided to put them on myself. This was in 1992 and I was New to motorbikes and no one told me that I had to bleed the brakes. Anyways, got them on came out for a ride and I am sure you can guess what happen. Pulled the brakes at 10 Mph and plop down I go. I was so glad no one saw me. he he he.

2nd: Same bike same year. Not that good at handling such an heavy bike(495Lbs dry), I had a argument with my Ex Girl friend and she walked away from me so I went to turn around to talk with to her but I tried to do a 180 on a hill and plop down I go again. he he he worst thing was all my friends and about 20 others were right there watching. I tried to pick that darn thing up but it was facing down hill and it was just to heavy so 3 other people had to help me. Man that sucked!
That's my Newbie mistakes. It sure feels better when no one is looking! LOL

Old 03-20-2006, 12:17 AM
Retired Super Moderator

Anyone grow up on 4-wheelers/quads? Can't tell you how many times i've gone to start the bike and HONK!!!! Whoops, wrong side....Everyone around you is like "What?"

(Note: for those of you who don't know, a 4wheeler start button is on the left, throttle on right)

-Adam

Old 03-20-2006, 12:34 AM

Well, this isn't a mistake, but I thought of a trick that has been pulled on me and I've done to others. Riding along on their right side, then when they're not looking at you, reach over and click off their on/off switch! Lol, all they have to do is turn it back on and it'll start right up. Funny as hell though, takes most a minute to see what you did.

Old 03-20-2006, 01:49 AM

For those that forget the blinker, this looks like a good product. http://www.kriss.com/tscancel.htm I've bought other stuff from the same manufacture.

Old 03-20-2006, 04:05 AM

I still do the horn thing about once a week. My excuse is I'm testing it out.
Here's another one...trying to turn the key all the way to the right and wondering why it doesn't start. Oh wait, there's a start button just for that. Oops.
I also did this one once...I was at a stop light and another biker was in the other lane heading towards me. He drops his hand to wave and I do too...I forgot I was in 1st and holding the clutch with that hand. Dammit!

Old 03-20-2006, 10:59 AM

I've done the kickstand thing on 2 different bikes... one a 700 lb beast and the other an 800 lb monster. Both times in my own driveway or garage. Fortunately, no one was around to see. The first time I had to get my son to help me pick it up. Then I decided I better learn how to do it on my own. The second time I picked her up by myself.

Ego takes a huge hit when you do something that stupid!

Old 03-20-2006, 11:05 AM

not to worry, even after riding for years you can still do somehtign stupid, I stalled my bike coming out of a gas station on morning it caught me so off guard that I did that I had to lay it down, it was almost on the ground before I caught it. DOH!!!!!![:'(]

Old 03-20-2006, 07:01 PM

I still hit the horn almost every time I ride. And I leave my turn signal on at least once every time I ride. But the worst was putting the kickstand down when I was tired and not paying attention. I thought it was all the way down but it sprung back up to the stowed position. I started to lean the bike over and there was nothing to stop it. It got about as close to the ground as it could get by the time I caught it and stood it back up. I about crapped myself.

Old 03-20-2006, 09:52 PM

I rode for 20 mins with my blinker on, all the to a buddy's house. I've only been riding a copule of weeks but can see that thing will be a prob! And when i do try to turn it off I always find the horn!

Old 03-21-2006, 12:00 AM

Has anyone else just missed the kickstand? Stop, kick the stand down, go to get off the bike..... and it just keeps going?!?!? By the time I realized what was happening, it was too late to stop it. [sm=smiley5.gif] I managed to set it down reeeaaal slow, but still sucked huge! That's probably my worst embarassing moment. Even managed to do it in the parking lot at work and had to get someone to come help me pick it back up.

Ah well, glad to see I'm not the only one with a funny story (or two)

Quick Reply: NEWBIE MISTAKES!!!!