Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

NEWBIE MISTAKES!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEWBIE MISTAKES!!!!

Yeah, my bike has the kickstand light on the panel, that's what made my gas station incident more embarassing.

Old 03-19-2006, 04:46 PM

they do make a blinker warning look at jc whitney after the blinker has been on for too long it makes this annoying buzz sound loud a hell

Old 03-19-2006, 05:13 PM

no kickstand warning on the 929 =/

Old 03-19-2006, 05:21 PM

none on the 05 600rr's either!!! Man, this thread is turnin out great! Thanks to everyone for their input!

Old 03-19-2006, 05:26 PM

I went to take my license test on a 04 harley davidson soft-tail i'd borrowed from a family member, which i was told not to do because of how big it was and how hard they had been hitting motorcycle riders. I was one point away from failing going into the final obstical. You had to go 20mph and swerve to the left of the ten foot red line, and then right to get to the other side of it, and you had to stop within five feet of the other side of the line...all this on a 950lbs harley. So I went into the obsticle, got a little squirlly, and being inexperienced, slammed on the rear brake. that slammed my tail around which put me just around the side of the line and to a stop on just the other side......Basically I passed my test by being completely inexperienced. THANK YOU STATE OF ILLINOIS.

Old 03-19-2006, 06:49 PM

Here's another.....1st week with the RR...stopped for gas, went to put the sidestand down(motor still running, bike in Neutral)....hit the shifter instead of the stand with my heel....DOH..[sm=loser.gif]

Luckily i had the front brake squeezed so all that happened was a slight lunge and loud chirp from the rear tire on the slick concrete before it died.....It could have ended up allot worse and allot more embassasing. [sm=laughat.gif]

Now when i pull in to stop/park, i kill the engine BEFORE i attempt to deply the kickstand

BTW, did tevbax(New Member) Hijack Nine2Nines Avatar???.....LOL....Now we have TWO spanking-hippos...

Old 03-19-2006, 08:52 PM

ive done the kick stand down try to shift one and i still leave the blinker on but one of the most embarrassing things ive done is i was riding down the beach and main st. at my house and there were alot of people walking around and a lot of bikes. well i stoped at a stop sign and every one is checking out the bike and i go to take off and boom to much clutch not enough gas just stalled. i could not start it up and take off fast enough. [:@]

Old 03-19-2006, 10:29 PM

How about hitting the horn when you try to kill the turn signals. I used to do that all the time LOL, now I do it once in a while to get everyone I ride with laughing. Then with my first bike we were going to go for a ride so I went out to the garage to warm my bike up before my buddy got there and it wouldn't start. I just rode it the day before and it wouldn't do anything. I thought the battery was dead but everything else worked, the headlight and all the dash lights. I hit the horn and it was loud like a fully charged battery, then I realized the bike was in gear, clicked into neutral and it started right up. LOL oh well its funny to think about now. Thats about all now, but I'm sure there will be more.

-Jesse-

Old 03-19-2006, 10:33 PM

ORIGINAL: flybub

My first time on a bike was in an open empty parking lot....except for 1 light pole. You guessed it, I hit it square at about 10 mph. Didn't have the hang of turning yet, well I didn't grasp the countersteer notion real well. That's all I can think of.
It wasn't target fixation?

Old 03-19-2006, 11:07 PM

+1 on the kickstand and blinkers. oh, and the horn thing too...

Quick Reply: NEWBIE MISTAKES!!!!