Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

New location

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 01:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New location

Not missouri............ The weather is like a woman just about the time you like it it changes. And it does it when you least expect it. But with the weather it usually skrews ya

Old 06-23-2007, 01:40 AM

teesnob, 11b huh? just a piece of advice, imma mechanic (63h) and i love my job, but plenty of people join a combat m.o.s. cuz they "want to kill people" but truth is its not basic trainin or a.i.t. anymore the bullets are real and they shoot back. if u decide to join and thats ur mos after basic and ait the yellin and talkin to u crazy and treatin u like **** doenst change till u get rank. for me it was like "as soon as u get away from training u will see the real army" which was true. i also saw that infantry man, scouts(recon!), and tankers dont see "the real army." plus as a mechanic when they come to our motorpool with a problem best believe ur gonna work ur *** off cuz everything we dont wanna do(and dont have to do) ur gonna do. reconsider ur choices cuz there are plenty of other jobs in here, atleast if u chose a pogue job and decide to get out u could use that towards ur civilian career. oh yeah kill9 MOVE TO TEXAS! U WONT REGRET IT! THE PEOPLE HERE ARE NOT ******** LIKE MOST STATES!

Old 06-23-2007, 04:33 AM
Retired Moderator

I love where I live, buta starter home is about $200,000 these days, and a new new home is about $325,000 or more. Plus it costs a lot to go to school here. Other than that, Southern Oregon might be some of the best living around (if you like it slow). I would say move to where school is cheap. I only know about California when I went years ago. It was like $12/credit.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:34 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

atlanta's okay considering prices, people, and economy/jobs but it's lacking any nearby water (except for lakes) ... if it was coastal it'd be ideal. check dobbins air force base.

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

worst place is socal! way high cost of living, bad air, bad water, bad traffic, etc...

why am i still here? i don't know...great weather only i guess? family and friends,...sigh...
isn't San Diego considered part of socal? it's consistently ranked in the top 5 as one of the best places to live in the nation with all things considered. only draw back i ever read about S.D. is you pretty much have to rent since homeownership is so expensive.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: SchiraF4I

Where in Oklahoma do you live? im right outside the city in Yukon
Up north here in Enid, how far out is yukon?