Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

New Dog

Old 10-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dog

I just came up on a white german shepard. he was being neglected so I had to do something. there was no way i was gonna let someone treat a dog like they did him. when i picked him up his ears and nose were bloody from flies, looked like he hadnt eaten in forever and looked brown instead of white. Some ding dong retard bought him and left him at his 80yr old mothers. she couldnt/wouldnt even go out to do anything for him and her son never stopped by to check on him. So far I have had him for two days and taught him sit, shake, catch and to bring it back. I think we pretty much have the potty training down. Does anyone know how to keep him from playin in his water bowl? Never had a dog put both his paws in the bowl when he drinks. I will post up some pics as soon as i can. I named him "Boomer." He is 6-7 months old and already weighs 68lbs. This guy is awesome!

Old 10-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Dog

thats awesome bro, you got a friend for life! it makes me sick to my stomach when i hear about neglected animals...cant wait to see the pics!

Old 10-27-2007, 09:11 PM

That's great! Congatulations! I'm happy to hear he will have a new and better lease on life. I wish I couldhelp you with the water bowl problem, Ive never had a dog do that either.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Retired Moderator

I got a new dog today, too. My wife has been wanting a Yorky, and I got her one today...she had NO clue. I got it for $400 (papered and everything). Usually they are like $1200-$1400 with papers (so I have been told). Not trying to steal your thunder D, and your cause is WAY more noble that mine, but I wanted to share, too. What a sweet baby he is. The problem is, my wife named the dog "Buddy". We also have a cat that my step-daughter named "Tiger". What a couple of unoriginal queers they are to name the animals those names. Anyway...here's "Buddy":

Name:  Buddy1.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  47.7 KB

Name:  Buddy.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  101.5 KB

Old 10-27-2007, 09:54 PM

I had a shepherd that liked to play in the water bowl; the one I have now loves to bite the stream from the water hose and will stick his whole mouth/nose in the water bowl, making a mess. I just learned to live with it, he does it more when he's hot.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:01 PM

My Golden did this. Get a smaller bowl wile he's still young, then step up after the habit is broken. Or they make bowls for cockerspaniels that are narrow at the top and get wider in the bottom. the narrow opening keeps thier ears out of the water and prevents ear infections, but still holds a good amount of water. last but not least, elevate the bowl on some sort of stool. Low enough to reach, high enough that its an inconvenience to stand in. thats either going to work or cause one big mess when he tries to get in and knocks it over haha. Congrats on the dog.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:43 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Congratulations voodoo! Looks like it'll be a while before you have to replace Buddy's collar. hehe

Old 10-27-2007, 10:49 PM

I'm on my second shelter dog. They appreciate what you do for them more than others and they cost less. Our current Cheagle (Chihuahua/Beagle), is so skiddish and shy because of what happened to her that after 3 months I'm only just getting her to warm up and trust me. It's comforting to see her happy and content with the life we have provided her.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new dawg.
Make sure toget him checked over real good by the doc.
+1 "..you got a friend for life!"

Have you seen this guy on tv?http://www.cesarmillaninc.com/
He's got a good show. Most of the time it seems like its the jackass owners fault that the dogs are all F'd up.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:05 PM

Name:  Buddy.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  101.5 KB

i think that the purple is going to mess with "HIS" self esteem. i mean he is already small as it is.. muhahaha

Search this Thread