Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Nevada Highway Patrol, Eat my shorts!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 01:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nevada Highway Patrol, Eat my shorts!

I would not recommend rubbing it in his face...next time he will make it stick. And he will have a big hardon for the one that got away. No thumbing the nose or rasberries required.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:08 AM

ORIGINAL: RCR

What part of "your tags were expired" didnt you understand? 80% of a cops demeaner is brought on by the peoples attitude.
I understand fully. I took full responsibility and was very polite to the man. He should do the same back. He called me a liar about being a new resident, like I was trying to get out of it. I would of took the exp. tags citation with no gripe. The judge dropped that on his own. I proved my case in court and won. I guess its one of thoes 'you had to be there' situations.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:17 AM

To be honest, it's really hard to get people with that citation about changing your license within a certain number of days of moving into a state....MD is 60 I think, mostly because it's so hard to prove. You'd have to get mail from them showing their address and post dated or something to win that in court.

But still....you shoulda had your tags up to date and you wouldn't have been pulled in the first place.

Name:  chipnfail.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  54.8 KB

Old 10-15-2008, 01:18 AM

and to tow my bike when I could throw a rock and hit my house, I was that close..

I had to beg him to let me walk it home.. An NHP gave my dad a ticket for 27mph in a 25mph zone... need I say more?

Old 10-15-2008, 01:19 AM

Ok that is dumb....but don't write off all NHP for 1 instance

Old 10-15-2008, 01:22 AM

ORIGINAL: camaro_forums

To be honest, it's really hard to get people with that citation about changing your license within a certain number of days of moving into a state....MD is 60 I think, mostly because it's so hard to prove. You'd have to get mail from them showing their address and post dated or something to win that in court.

But still....you shoulda had your tags up to date and you wouldn't have been pulled in the first place.

True True.. The thing that truly got me pulled over was on the way home a screw fell out of my license plate and the plate was dangling. (didn't know at the time) The color of my sticker matched the month, it was when he read my registration is saw the exp date was like the 14th & it was around the 30th when I got popped

EDIT:
But what can I say it was my bad, Im not p!ssed that I got the ticket, it was how I was treated.. Im being honest when I sat I was nice to the guy, I treat the law with the upmost.

For one i understand they hae a hard job & two I know being an a$$ isnt going to help your case.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:23 AM

ORIGINAL: ebinz88cane

and to tow my bike when I could throw a rock and hit my house, I was that close..

I had to beg him to let me walk it home.. An NHP gave my dad a ticket for 27mph in a 25mph zone... need I say more?
wait.. he made you WALK it home? screw that!

Old 10-15-2008, 01:27 AM

ORIGINAL: thisismyacct

ORIGINAL: ebinz88cane

wait.. he made you WALK it home? screw that!
Yup had to beg & beg not to impound. Promised him I wouldn't ride it til I had tags, the whole bit, I was at his mercy.

and he watched me walk the 500lb+ machine all the way home.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:30 AM

What a nice guy, to not tow your crap....

What you don't understand is that showing up to court with proper registration and getting the ticket dismissed is not anything special....people do it all the time. In fact I don't know anyone who has actually had that stick if they take care of it and show up to court.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:36 AM

ORIGINAL: camaro_forums

What a nice guy, to not tow your crap....

What you don't understand is that showing up to court with proper registration and getting the ticket dismissed is not anything special....people do it all the time. In fact I don't know anyone who has actually had that stick if they take care of it and show up to court.
I understand. Its not my first rodeo.

Quick Reply: Nevada Highway Patrol, Eat my shorts!