Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Neighbor's a bit ticked off at me and my bike...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just say, "sho ga nai na." It means it can't be helped in Japanese. Maybe your attempt at Japanese will amuse him and he'll lighten up.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:45 PM

I've got a grumpy ole fart next door to me as well. He goes to bed around 5 pm (seriously). We have pretty lax laws here in TN so whenever he shows his butt, I deliberately do stuff to peev him off. Like lowering the rev limit on my RR to 8K and pinning the throttle for a few seconds. It has a 2bros. pipe as well and that XX motor really rips some eardrums on the limiter (not to mention fire belching out the exhaust). I should hook the 2 step back up on it just for that reason.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:57 PM

I want that shirt.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cbr900racer77
I've got a grumpy ole fart next door to me as well. He goes to bed around 5 pm (seriously). We have pretty lax laws here in TN so whenever he shows his butt, I deliberately do stuff to peev him off. Like lowering the rev limit on my RR to 8K and pinning the throttle for a few seconds. It has a 2bros. pipe as well and that XX motor really rips some eardrums on the limiter (not to mention fire belching out the exhaust). I should hook the 2 step back up on it just for that reason.
You deserve a visit from the cops.

Also, your squid card is in the mail and I'd like to personally thank you for furthering the stereotype of all bikers being d-bags with a chip on their shoulder.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:52 PM

Yeah, see.... I'm a little more respectful than that. If someone gives me **** I'll give them **** back, but I'm not going to go out of my way to do that sort of stuff over someone getting peeved at my bike.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:49 AM

Gotta throw my two cents in here... ive realized over the last 15 years ive lived in my house and i never really gave a **** about my neighbors, major beer parties in the front yard, loud music, loud people.but slowly over time ive realized that i never really met my neighbors, altho i had a few run ins with a few. I started to respect my neighborhood and its people and in turn it has paid off big, my neighbors look out for my house when im at work(caught someone cruizin into my back yard), they became very nice to my kids,and now i know so much more about my hood and its peeps.all this said, sometimes just a small introduction to your neighbors will go a mile for peece in your hood. Now my neighbors come over to my parties not sit and suffer because of them...

Old 05-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I guess you could always sell that RR and get yourself a Gixxa dawg.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:03 PM

i say do whatever it is that you have to do to no bother him. this is the reason i like living in the middle of nowhere.....

Old 05-05-2010, 01:54 PM

I live in the middle of no where as well and love it. I can walk out in my boxers and no problem, however I wouldn't idle my bike for to long and I wouldn't want my neighbors mad at me either. I would probably do less warm up time. Like BAM BAM said peace goes a long way. Johnnyh

Old 05-05-2010, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by chuckbear
You deserve a visit from the cops.

Also, your squid card is in the mail and I'd like to personally thank you for furthering the stereotype of all bikers being d-bags with a chip on their shoulder.
Okay, guess I should've explained that better (maybe in brail for the "reading comprehension" impaired). My neighbor goes out of his way to be a dick. Instead of coming to me like a man and telling me my dog (a pug that's scared of his own shadow) is walking over in his unused pasture and taking a crap and he wants him to stop, he puts up an electric fence. Not a normal electric fence mind you, it's hot enough that it fried a racoon in his tracks. It would kill my dog no problem. He goes out of his way to mess with me and my family. Too many instances to mention. So the only sterotyping I'm doing is the "not gonna take crap off my neighbor" kind. Now let's work on the "Not knowing the circumstances, but happy to offer a seemingly useless and less than intelligent opinion" sterotypes that always seem to prevail. That card will be marked "return to sender" so it can be of better use. And you're more than welcome.

Quick Reply: Neighbor's a bit ticked off at me and my bike...