Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Neighbor's a bit ticked off at me and my bike...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't even rev it, I just sit there and let it idle until it's warmed up (about 140 degrees I'd say, about 4 minutes of idling?). I'm with James on this, I'd rather have people hear me than not hear me, so I don't get hit by a damn car. If I were riding it at 5am I'd totally coast it down my hill but come on, at 7pm in the afternoon, or 11am in the morning? I'm being more than reasonable. The neighbor has no kids, no family, and is more than likely a drug dealer for all I know, so he'd better shut his mouth before I call the police on him! Hahaha.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:36 AM

no worries man, your not doing anything wrong, also if he had a pair he wood come over and talk with you not come out all raged out. I wood keep doin what yer doin....and +1 for lettin yer bike warm up before riding....

Old 05-04-2010, 10:40 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by james_hale2
the day i couldn't give a rats @$$ if someone thinks it loud. it keeps cages from merging into me!

UH OH HERE COMES A DEBATE ALL OVER AGAIN

EXHAUSTS DONT PROVIDE ANY SECURITY AGAINST CAGERS RAWR.....

fyi I beleive a loud exhaust helps in some cases but I dont beleive it should be relied on for safety measures... i was just makin a funny

as for the op... just make sure your exhaust side is pointing to your house... if the cops do ever get bored enough to come just explain your situation and show them your doing everything in your power to keep it down... they will prolly be cool with ya

Last edited by __Z__; 05-04-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Its all about being *reasonable*, which from what you say, you are.

If you were being a jackass w/ reving it, doing donuts in the driveway, burning rubber, then he'd have a legitimate argument...but you're not. So, he needs to live-n-let-live.

Neighborhoods have neighbors by design. They have to deal w/ you & you have to deal w/ them. Not everyone works 9-5 & goes to bed at 11pm either. Its just a fact of living in a neighborhood...people have habits that aren't like yours...& when they don't coincide, they get irritated. W/ differences in habits & lifestyles, that's where that *reasonable-ness* comes in to play. If you're reasonably preparing to ride your bike, then the neighbors should buzz off & mind their own business.

I say, carry on my friend.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F the guy. Go to the cops and ask if there is a noise ordinance during the day. If not and the guy comes out again tell him your going to press charges for harrasment if he doesn't stop.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Old 05-04-2010, 02:08 PM

Nice shirt!!

Old 05-04-2010, 03:30 PM

Sorry to thread jack... but it's slightly on topic and the idea that loud pipes save lives always makes me giggle.

http://www.virginiawind.com/byways/l...save_lives.asp

A little light reading on the topic.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:33 PM

p.s. I'm not hinting at any fault of yours OP, I'm with you that your neighbor is being dumb. I blame rojer's shirt for the inspiration. lol

Old 05-04-2010, 05:58 PM

A bike idling for a few isn't that loud! Buy that D*ck some earmuffs/plugs and tell him to STFU and mind his own business ... On another note Akitas are nasty dogs my grandparents neighbor used to have one...not the friendliest so when you go deliver the eamuffs take some dog treats lol

Quick Reply: Neighbor's a bit ticked off at me and my bike...