Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

need some one to ride with

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wont ride with someone that wont put on a lid. Period.

The reality that we may have to make The Call to someone's family is something we have to face when we ride with someone. But I refuse to have to make that call for a situation a helmet may have prevented.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry bud. I have a few people i ride with that i met just by following them for a quick trip. I asked if he ever went on rides and he said rarely so i got his number(no homo) and since then we chill quite a bit.

Just strike up convos and stop when you see a group.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by regener8ed
5) put an ad in the paper
Lol! That's actually a good idea, try Craigslist. You never know.

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
I see riders all the time. Just not ones I'd ride with. Some guy pulls up next to me, I look over at him and his ride. Ok not everyone is smart enough to ride a Honda so I can look past the GSX on the fairing Seeing past the t-shirt and shorts requires effort, so far more than any desperation to have a riding buddy. But when I look and see the helmet hanging from the helmet lock or under the cargo net that's too much. Gear is a choice, I get that. But buying a helmet to accessorize the tail of your bike? Too much calamari for my appetite

And like Rommy the ones I would like to talk to a bit, geared up and riding sane, are usually whipping the other direction.
Seriously, I mean, mad props for riding a nice bike and all, but if you're riding with shorts and a T-shirt, that's not really a smart thing to do. Makes me look down on you a bit. I wear ATGATT, I have everything but boots at this point. I'd just buy a whole suit but that is expensive!

Old 05-09-2010, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rommy
Seriously! It drives me crazy. And when I do see them, they're going in the opposite direction.
yeah riding with a pack sounds like a fking blast...but I am alone here in Seattle..

Old 05-09-2010, 07:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So i was going to craigslist to go put up a riding buddy wanted ad and someone beat me to it. lol He has a honda so im wondering if maybe he was on this site. lol

Anyways i sent him an email saying lets ride sometime.

Does this count as a man date? lol my wife is makin fun of me now. Guess ill have to go her. JK

Old 05-10-2010, 02:47 AM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
LOL... Kinda like when I take a gun out in the woods hunting. If I don't have a gun, the deer are chillin' out everywhere.... giving me a nod and a thumbs up and chit. If I'm packin' heat, I don't see a dam thing.

But Jordan... I'd ride with you, too, if you were closer. I'm about 3hrs away, though.
You can post up in the regional section and maybe get some hits. Not too long ago, we had a pretty big group of members from Pittsburgh.

found a pic of kilgore hunting....hehehe

Name:  0738.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  44.8 KB

but back on topic, ive ridden a few times in a group. its fun but i prefer to keep it low key. 2 or 3 people is good enough for me. more than that and it seems like we draw too much attention from the police. never gotten pulled over as a group but have had cop cars follow us for quite a while on several occasions when riding in large groups.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:22 AM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

If you go to school man join the bike club... I ride with 8-12 sport bikes depending on who shows up, and last time on the way to bike night in Hartford CT, we met up with about 15 other sport bikes while on the highway... so basically 30 bikes clogging up the highway, its pretty sweet being able to take up all lanes and make big rig trucks/cars slow down for you since theres so many bikes.

To be honest, it can get kind of sketchy and dangerous to ride in a group that big...

But I havent riden in about a week cuz Im in the process of upgrading.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:10 PM

I know where you are coming from... I'd ride with ya too if you were a bit closer.. Any of my friends that ride, ride harleys... My 2 friends with sport bikes one lives in Virginia and the other works like 70 hrs a week... But Back to the OP I know where you are coming from...I'd love to just ride up and talk to other bikers and start a convo i don't know how much I trust that or how awkward it would be....I guess it might be worth a shot though

Old 05-10-2010, 12:21 PM

The people i do see around are a lot younger. None of them really want to ride, they just want to cruise through town doin wheelies. Gotta love the scrape bars without a scratch on them though! lol

Old 05-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
So i was going to craigslist to go put up a riding buddy wanted ad and someone beat me to it. lol He has a honda so im wondering if maybe he was on this site. lol

Anyways i sent him an email saying lets ride sometime.

Does this count as a man date? lol my wife is makin fun of me now. Guess ill have to go her. JK
Def a man date!!

Don't forget to comb your hair and use deodorant!! baaahahah

Quick Reply: need some one to ride with