Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Need computer help

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 04:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N8 Dawg
Glad you got it fixed! If you didnt want to do the system recovery ou should have ran combofix...most likely you still had a rootkit causing the slow speeds....I clean about 15 computers on a daily basis at work, and if combofix doesnt fix it then its a reload...

Also I highly recommend Malwarebytes Antimalware the full paid version as it does an awesome job. The free version is great, but it does not do any real time scanning. You can get that at malwarebytes.org
yeap

Old 12-18-2010, 06:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by N8 Dawg
Glad you got it fixed! If you didnt want to do the system recovery ou should have ran combofix...most likely you still had a rootkit causing the slow speeds....I clean about 15 computers on a daily basis at work, and if combofix doesnt fix it then its a reload...

Also I highly recommend Malwarebytes Antimalware the full paid version as it does an awesome job. The free version is great, but it does not do any real time scanning. You can get that at malwarebytes.org
I tried combofix but it would never run no matter what i did. It would install and then when it was almost complete would give me some sort of error loading message and just close. I dont know what the hell was going on but we were able to get spy bot to work so we just went ahead and used that.

As for the malwarebytes ill get it when i get home. haha im not messing around without protection now lol.