Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

DVD to Computer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD to Computer?

Team, I need some help. Assome of you know, my wife is deploying to Iraq tomorrow. I bought her an external hard drive for all the pics, music etc... Now I am trying to burn DVDs to the drive, and I imagine I need to convert it to some type of recognizable file type. Someone please help me out. I am trying to make her as comfortable as possible while she is away from us. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 12-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Default RE: DVD to Computer?

Is she taking a laptop with here or she using a computer thats going to be there?

I use dvd shrink to make them 4.7gb (save as ISO file) and use daemon to "mount the iso file and use VLC player to watch the vids.

Daemon makes the computer "act" like it has another dvd/cd drive. When you open daemon it puts its icon at the bottom right of the task bar. Right click the icon and choose "Device 0" or what ever it puts there. Then find the movie ISO file and you're good to go.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:06 AM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

Is she taking a laptop with here or she using a computer thats going to be there?

I use dvd shrink to make them 4.7gb (save as ISO file) and use daemon to "mount the iso file and use VLC player to watch the vids.

Daemon makes the computer "act" like it has another dvd/cd drive. When you open daemon it puts its icon at the bottom right of the task bar. Right click the icon and choose "Device 0" or what ever it puts there. Then find the movie ISO file and you're good to go.
Shes taking her laptop, but I was thinking of burning all of my dvds/netflix moviesto the external drive, and sending it to her.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:03 AM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: doogstar

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

Shes taking her laptop, but I was thinking of burning all of my dvds/netflix moviesto the external drive, and sending it to her.
the set up Brandon is talking about is the same one 2 guys I know use on a regular basis. you can burn it all tothe external drive and send it to her would be happy to send you shrink as a zip file

May her trip be a safe and speedy one for you and your family and both of you have my utmost respect for everything you have done for this country and are doing. She will be in my prayers brother. God bless
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 12-29-2008, 08:38 AM

I personally use DVDFabdecryptor for ripping it to HD. its FAST and easy, and does the same think as shrink, but DVDFab is better at handling Copyright issues (at least for me) i have done about 400 movies with DVDFab, and h'avent found 1 i couldnt do....

to convert it from the DVD files (.vob) you can use whatever program you like....