Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

NASCAR = Fake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 02:33 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NASCAR = Fake?

There is no way 40 cars could be that close for that long without some type of manipulation. If it were for real, then the finishing order would be similar to thequalifing order. Bumping and nudging rules are left for interpretation. This is where the fix comes in. Are they talented drivers? Of course, but it is a show first and a race second, and then thirdly come the rediculous drivers championship.

Winning a race is a question of money, pure and simple. Whoever spends the most for the longest amount of time in the right way usually wins.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:36 AM

I think it's funny that they call it stock car racing when the cars aren't stock at all any more. Back in the day when they raced real cars it was cooler. Now they probably have tubular frames and 700hp engines. I laugh when they still call it a Chevy Monte Carlo.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:49 AM

IMHO, the only thing exciting about NASCAR is the high speeds they reach.

As previously stated, its more of execution of strategy rather than a race. I think it could be more interesting if they did the following:
- race on a road course instead of an oval
- shorten the straights so that the turns make a difference and driver skill is really tested
- shorten the races so that they race with no pit stops (too much is dependent on the pit stops)
- change the race venues so that the courses aren't bordered by walls (in this way cars can runoff and be handled without having to slow down the race)

-

Old 04-30-2007, 05:34 AM

ORIGINAL: CBR1000RRMARINE

Non

Athletic

Sport

Centered

Around

Rednecks

Ohhhhhh! So THAT'S what NASCAR is!!! I finally figured it out...

Old 04-30-2007, 09:13 AM

I agree...Nascar is just entertainment. Its nothing like Motorcycle racing at all. I have been to both races and nascar doesnt even come close to being what MotoGP or AMA has become. I just wisht that it would get big here in the states like it is over seas. In Italy MotoGP is like Nascar is here.

I like the days of Dale Earnhardt....he was a real racer. These guys and these cars today are nothing like it used to be.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:38 AM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

this kinda sucks because I know what this conversation is about (Wind Tunnel was poluted with nascar tonight)
oh well, all I know is that the races are so damn long that the field spreading out is inevitable so they're using yellow flags to keep them closer together in order to give the drunk rednecks a show

the way I see it they are driving in circles for hours at a time, and apparently there are now some nascar fans that aren't drunk enough while watching the races to be entertained when they are spread out

and btw, wtf is with nascar fans throwing beer cans onto the track after a race? thats about as crappy (and redneck) as you can get

i feel sorry for any of you that skipped the AMA races @ Fontucky to watch that crap
they did it beacouse
1. the race ended in a yello flag
2. Jeff Gordon won making his wins at 77. witch would put him ahead of Dale Earnhardt on NASCAR's career victory list(like 5th i think) and most everybody loved Dale Earnhardt so they where mad. they BooooOOooed jeff last week when he won and tied Dale record. Also to add to that it was Dales birthday too.

i wached a little AMA after the race was over for like 10 min then i got board and went to sleep(i had to work in a few hours)

the yello flag comment, Lap 175 out of 191 was the first yello flag for something on the track. thats more than the the first half with no cation.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:09 AM

lol you would know wouldn't you james? hahahah

Old 04-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

i feel sorry for any of you that skipped the AMA races @ Fontucky to watch that crap
Great race, and my sunburn SUCKS.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: james007torres24
i wached a little AMA after the race was over for like 10 min then i got board
No, you got *bored* and that makes it even worse. Why do you ride a CBR? If the AMA races are boring to you, and Nascar is thrilliing I can't see what interest a sportbike would hold for you.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:48 AM

the bikes are great there vary nice, i would kill to have one. its just the racing that i dont find it vary entertaining, the pre-race was nice, dave(dave, i think, talking to all the riders). you have a car/truck dont you? same thing there, u dont like nascar do you? but no more talk about me back to nascar and how much it sucks...

Quick Reply: NASCAR = Fake?