Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My New Toy--Alienware Aurora M9700 Laptop

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My New Toy--Alienware Aurora M9700 Laptop

It takes a long time to build up characters. That's what I meant about too much life to live (plus my wife gets pissed when I spend too much time on the 'puter), you could make it a full time job. For me, it becomes less enjoyable the longer I play. It becomes more obssesive compulsive and dark, than something enjoyable...like crack. At first, you're smoking rock with your friends having a casual good time; chips, dips, glass pipe. Next thing you know, you are knocking over a liquor store with a pair of women's panties on your head for a twenty rock!

Old 10-28-2006, 10:01 AM

bf2142 is horrible I think. I still play BF2

Old 10-28-2006, 12:22 PM

Ok 5 things.

1) Stephy, what are you doing later tonight I would like to bend you over and do you know what too, just like AW did to you. =P No but seriously nice book. I just think AW is way over priced imo but it looks pimp, I LOVE the blue.

2) What's your battery life like? Max I've seen while playing a game running the gpu hard was just under an hour and a half. =( Not even a full plane ride.

3) Since were taking this thread to the "nerd zone" what servers do you guys play on? Anyone on Hyjal or Malygos or is anyone in Beta?

4) I sold my account for $400 with buy it now on ebay the first day it went up. I was a jerk and kept it though I think that's against ebay rules but oh well.

5) Hmmmmm I had a fifth thing but I forgot what it was now.

**edit** I remember now, BF2142 is freakin awesome! Except for the fact that they are having A LOT of problems with people getting disconnected from the EA master server. I play for 3 minutes and BAM d/c. It blows.

Mike

Old 10-28-2006, 01:31 PM

AW sucks. WHY??? they are wayyyyy to much $$$, if i was to get a labtop i would rather make it myself and save a ton of green. and yea they are made for gaming, should be heavyer because all the extra addons. and yea AMD is the way to go. i am just sad u spent over 3 k on it. nice pc tho. good luck.

Old 10-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Registered Users

I'm going to pick up Call of Duty and BF2142 to check 'em out.

~snowboarding82---You & james007torres24 sound like this guy on another forum....here's what I said to him:

"Dude, relax. You're acting like I spent your money. I didn't want a desktop, I wanted a laptop...easier to take to LAN/frag parties at the local coffee shop I build computers and understand going to Frys, getting components, and slapping it together will give me a machine far superior to this one in some cases, but I chose to buy an AW and I'm happy about it, and wanted to share. I didn't and don't intend for this post to degenerate into questioning my judgement or "my computer is better than yours" or "do you know you can get a better desktop", yadda yadda yadda. If you don't like it, that's fine. I do. Have a nice day "

Anyway, to answer your query, snowboarding82...the battery life is a bit over two hours, and if dual SLI enabled, just under and hour and 45 min....pretty much the same as my HP Pavillion dv1010, but my HP can't pull half the stuff I can on this AW. I actually use this AW to run an invitation only server...already have a few folks that I game with. So far so good....handles well and I don't load "PunkBuster", 'cuz if folks wanna cheat, that's cool...we'll just gang up and frag 'em until they play by the "rules"

Old 10-28-2006, 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: james007torres24

AW sucks. WHY??? they are wayyyyy to much $$$, if i was to get a labtop i would rather make it myself and save a ton of green. and yea they are made for gaming, should be heavyer because all the extra addons. and yea AMD is the way to go. i am just sad u spent over 3 k on it. nice pc tho. good luck.
okay so what should he of got then for cheaper money...nothing cause its kinda pointless for a gamer to buy a old laptop since you cant really upgrade the important stuff in it. i have always been told about laptops, buy thr biggest and baddest..or you will be pissed when you find out the things you cant do, verses the things you wont have time to do

i makes sense.

steve

Old 10-28-2006, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: stephygee

I'm going to pick up Call of Duty and BF2142 to check 'em out.

~snowboarding82---You & james007torres24 sound like this guy on another forum....here's what I said to him:

"Dude, relax. You're acting like I spent your money. I didn't want a desktop, I wanted a laptop...easier to take to LAN/frag parties at the local coffee shop I build computers and understand going to Frys, getting components, and slapping it together will give me a machine far superior to this one in some cases, but I chose to buy an AW and I'm happy about it, and wanted to share. I didn't and don't intend for this post to degenerate into questioning my judgement or "my computer is better than yours" or "do you know you can get a better desktop", yadda yadda yadda. If you don't like it, that's fine. I do. Have a nice day "

Anyway, to answer your query, snowboarding82...the battery life is a bit over two hours, and if dual SLI enabled, just under and hour and 45 min....pretty much the same as my HP Pavillion dv1010, but my HP can't pull half the stuff I can on this AW. I actually use this AW to run an invitation only server...already have a few folks that I game with. So far so good....handles well and I don't load "PunkBuster", 'cuz if folks wanna cheat, that's cool...we'll just gang up and frag 'em until they play by the "rules"
OooOoOo u should of said it was for laning and stuff.i thoght it was for home and stuff. and just on that acting like its my money. its not like that, i wish i had that kind of money to by a pc. wut a sick pc that would be. i said it was nice. when i lan i take my desktop its a big drag.

ORIGINAL: steve00ses

ORIGINAL: james007torres24

okay so what should he of got then for cheaper money...nothing cause its kinda pointless for a gamer to buy a old laptop since you cant really upgrade the important stuff in it. i have always been told about laptops, buy thr biggest and baddest..or you will be pissed when you find out the things you cant do, verses the things you wont have time to do

i makes sense.

steve
buy a old labtop??? not a old one. a new one. anyways they probley say that becouse computers get old vary fast. buy something state-of-the-art today next month ther is something better, and so on.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:39 PM

lol i was a wow addict myself

gm mage with the best gear.Sold it on ebay for 600 bux buy it now in less then 1 day.I took that money and bought gear/mods