Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My new bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went ahead and picked up the RF-1100 and the HJC tonight. The price difference from the RF-1000 and RF-1100 wasn't that much at that website I mentioned above. Got the 1100 for $349.00

As far as why I got the busa. I few reasons. A few of my buddies ride busas. At first sight I really didn't care for the looks much at all. After a while they kind of started growing on me. Then a buddy of mine tossed me his keys and let me ride his and he took my 600 for a spin. The busa has a much more upright feel to it. My wrists don't load up near as quick as they do on the 600. (And I've taken the 600 on a 500 mile round trip in a weekend before) Then we took the bikes out on the interstate. I felt like I was doing 40 on my CBR and looked down I was doing 90. The bike just has amazing smoothness, MUCH less vibation and more stability than the honda. At this point I was pretty much sold. I started going to the drag strip with these guys when just two of us had 600's. I would always win with a consistent 11.1-11.2 @ 121-123 MPH. Sometimes I would hit 11.3-11.4.
I never got into trophy or points racing since the track I went to had box vs. no-box and there was never a chance to win. Well, my buddy bought the busa and teamed up with 4 other guys who all trailer their bikes to a drag strip about 3 hours away that have a street bike class. No wheelie bars, no rear slick, you can't even use an air shifter or shift light (except for stock.) It's actually alot of fun and good competition. They keep a tally of points for the year and actually give out a wally to the winner of the last race of the season in the street bike class. The guys I race with all run mid 9's while I run low 11's. My choices where between the ZX-14 and the Busa. I like the design and looks of the ZX-14 better, but because they all own busa's and I can get parts from them for next to nothing the Busa was the obvious choice for me.

I will admit I still have the Honda and on some days I actually think about taking the Honda out for a spin and leaving the Busa at home. The Honda to me seems to be a slightly better fit. It doesn't go as fast, isn't as comfortable and has a hell of a lot more rattles and vibrations but there are also some huge advantages to the Honda. I'm not as afraid of it, it corners a whole hell of alot better, and just seems to be an easier bike to just jump on and ride. (Of course it weighs a whole hell of a lot less.) In all honestly, if I am just jumping on a bike and riding it for less than a mile to work i actually prefer the Honda. If I plan on going out and riding for any extended period of time I prefer the Busa. It's sort of a toss up. The two bikes are in two completely different classes. I'm going to keep both for a majority of the spring and come Summer I will be selling one of them.