Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

my first drop :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my first drop :(

i was exiting the freeway with a friend. my friend (riding behind) took another route so i decided to follow him but then i couldn't make up my mind to either follow or turn right. so i decided to follow my friend, but it was too late and i ended up in the middle island where there's a lot of dirt and sand. I did a slight turn left and automatically slid going about 10mph. my frame slider broke on impact and my left fairings are scratched i couldnt turn on the bike so i had to push it to the gas station then it finally turned on. Im hoping its only cosmetic.

Last edited by jeremynguyen216; 04-12-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:33 PM

That sucks......hope its not too bad.....

Old 04-12-2009, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rod38um
That sucks......hope its not too bad.....
Same. Sounds like a pretty crappy frame slider by the way.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

did you have gear on?

Old 04-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah dude, sorry to hear you went down. Going down at 10 MPH is not too bad, and any damage is too much damage. I know after I went down a couple of months ago, as soon as I got up and got the bike up, I too couldn't start the bike. I was too shaken up that I kinda of forgot how. Hopefully your repairs wont be too costly. What frame sliders were you using and how long were they?

If your up to it, post some pics.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:57 PM

Sorry to hear about that man. On a side note those had to be some cheap *** frame sliders to not withhold a 10mph fall. Get back on the saddle tho

Old 04-12-2009, 08:28 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Originally Posted by jeremynguyen216
i was exiting the freeway with a friend. my friend (riding behind) took another route so i decided to follow him but then i couldn't make up my mind to either follow or turn right. so i decided to follow my friend, but it was too late and i ended up in the middle island where there's a lot of dirt and sand. I did a slight turn left and automatically slid going about 10mph. my frame slider broke on impact and my left fairings are scratched i couldnt turn on the bike so i had to push it to the gas station then it finally turned on. Im hoping its only cosmetic.
FYI, the tip over sensor needs to be reset after it falls over. Also the fluids will want to resettle after being sideways for a little bit.

Turn the key off, straighten up the bike. Give it a couple minutes, and it will turn back on. You were just all hyped up and probably, without even thinking about it, just tried to turn it back on right away.

Glad to hear your accident wasn't very bad, though. Bikes are replaceable, you are not.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Aken
Bikes are replaceable, you are not.
+1

again, glad you're ok man.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:22 AM

i was wearing no protection just my skinny jeans, tshirt and american apparel jacket haha. The frame slider was average size(not sure the exact size) and i dont know what kind they are. What are good frame sliders? i need to invest in some good ones.

yeah i was all hyped up and sad at the same time. I hating having to think its "been dropped" haha. I'll take pictures of the damage soon! anyone have a set of fairings for the left side for sale? What should i do? repair the fairings, leave it for now, or replace em? I got a speeding ticket for $322, and now i have to repair the damage

Old 04-13-2009, 12:57 AM

Sucks!

Quick Reply: my first drop :(