Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Mustang GT vs. Cobalt SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mustang GT vs. Cobalt SS

I have personally been on both sides of the fence when it comes to the old bow tie versus oval debate. I have spent a hell of a lot of money back when I was single trying to build a true.sub 10 second car in a quarter I have had a couple of high 10's cars, but never consistent. Never had that much time to devote at once to be consistent. There is a small factor that may not have been taken into consideration beyond the basic weight to torque ratio, and it is truly all about the math and the amount of money you have to spend but the Stang did receive a Gear upgrade, which will make a world of difference at the other end of the track. Myself and PG had a discussion, way back in another thread, some of you even comment yourselves on all of this. BTW, I have a 99 cobra with the motor out just have not decided what is going back in between the firewalls

I'm putting my money on the Mustang this time around.

I will always have a soft spot for the Mustang. But I have owned and respect Camaros, Firebirds and one raggedy old Corvette . I have a fellow senior NCO who is also medically injured and living in the metro Atlanta area, who bought a Z06 last year on his birthday, which is only three days after my and has spent an ungodly amount of money on a build up of what was already one ofthe baddest Corvettes ever cranked out. It has undergone so many modifications. The car only has 1600 miles on it because of the time and effort poured into the mods

Do you remember PG when LOL

https://cbrforum.com/m_368181/tm.htm

Old 02-10-2008, 10:45 AM
RCR

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

ORIGINAL: RCR

Niether one has mods that actually do anything. Cobalt has K&N and no exhaust, Mustang has cat back but no intake. You do one ya should do the other to make em work right.

Mustang: 300 hp@ 5750rpm wieght is 3480 lbs
Cobalt: 260 hp@ 5300rpm wieght is 2970 lbs

Looks like the winner is going to be.... The better Driver.......
260 cobalt???

Stock its running 205hp.

LIke I said, with a compitent driver, the mustang should win EASILY. And I'm not a fan of stang, just stating the facts...lol

Just going off the OP post. He stated (supercharged) not stock

Next weekend me and my buddy are supposed to take out his 2007 Mustang GT and race another dude from across town who just bought a 2007 Cobalt SS (supercharged).

I think alot of people missed the S/charger and think they are stock to stock. its all driver at this point....

Old 02-10-2008, 10:49 AM

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

Niether one has mods that actually do anything. Cobalt has K&N and no exhaust, Mustang has cat back but no intake. You do one ya should do the other to make em work right.

Mustang: 300 hp@ 5750rpm wieght is 3480 lbs
Cobalt: 260 hp@ 5300rpm wieght is 2970 lbs

Looks like the winner is going to be.... The better Driver.......
260 cobalt???

Stock its running 205hp.

LIke I said, with a compitent driver, the mustang should win EASILY. And I'm not a fan of stang, just stating the facts...lol

Just going off the OP post. He stated (supercharged) not stock

Next weekend me and my buddy are supposed to take out his 2007 Mustang GT and race another dude from across town who just bought a 2007 Cobalt SS (supercharged).

I think alot of people missed the S/charger and think they are stock to stock. its all driver at this point....
That is a stock supercharger.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:58 AM
RCR

^^^^ yep my bad.

I went back to where I got the info and mis read it for the turbo @ 260hp and the charger @ 205hp[sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 02-10-2008, 01:22 PM

^^^^ yep my bad.

I went back to where I got the info and mis read it for the turbo @ 260hp and the charger @ 205hp[sm=bangbang.gif]
it's all good RCR

Old 02-10-2008, 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

I love stang ppl that under estimate everything that isnt a mustang. I bet that cobalt surprises the shyt out of you. It may not blow the doors off the stang, but I bet the stang doesnt blow the cobalts doors off either. And for the record. A factory GT mustang aint shyt. I use to make the older ones cry when I out ran them with a VW Bug.

Dont get me wrong, the stang is a nice car. But it is NOT king of the road n never will be.
+10000 perfect 10 comment

Old 02-10-2008, 04:08 PM

god i love these threads (its my ***** are bigger), my rsx runs low 13's at the track without slicks, cobalt are quik cars but mustangs im sorry are not. 300hp doesnt mean anything, even a blown gt on stock block still isnt all that quik. lol i take out cobalts and gts all day long. all and all comes down to driver and how they drive it. between these 2 moneys on the cobalt

Old 02-10-2008, 06:32 PM

^^^ This guy is a riot! Must be a ricer

Old 02-10-2008, 06:56 PM

cobalts quick ? and mustangs not LOL... Also as far as those saying the 4.6 is a **** poor motor .You better do your research.Its actually pretty good esp with good internals.

My little 4.6 is making over 600rwhp out of 283 cubic inches.

Stock to stock -stang for the win,but it really depends on the driver.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RichB

^^^ This guy is a riot! Must be a ricer
LoL... Ricers.[sm=lol.gif]

Quick Reply: Mustang GT vs. Cobalt SS