Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Mustang GT vs. Cobalt SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 08:25 PM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mustang GT vs. Cobalt SS

God's honest truth man? Seriously? Both cars are garbage and are gonna fall apart by the next light. LoL...

I got $$$ on the Cobalt... Mustangs are seriously the most overrated pieces of Shyt on the planet

Flame on!

Old 02-09-2008, 08:56 PM
RCR

Niether one has mods that actually do anything. Cobalt has K&N and no exhaust, Mustang has cat back but no intake. You do one ya should do the other to make em work right.

Mustang: 300 hp@ 5750rpm wieght is 3480 lbs
Cobalt: 260 hp@ 5300rpm wieght is 2970 lbs

Looks like the winner is going to be.... The better Driver.......

Old 02-09-2008, 08:57 PM

Give me a turbo four and AWD anyday. Hahah... and FOUR DOORS! Woot!

Old 02-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

Ok ok..... but don't roll it over on it's roof this time [8D][:-]

[sm=imsorry.gif] ... couldn't resist

Old 02-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cobalt wins the whole way down. - Just tell the cobalt guy to make sure to turn off the Traction Control - let'er rock.

My Explorer has the Mustang 5.0 - DAWG - The newer 4.6 is a much better motor, but no screamer. - Supercharger will get the cobalt moving quick, and it will rev on up. - Stang will have good torque down low, but dog quickly when she gets up to 3000.

My guess overall though - Electronic throttle will make it no fun for either participant. - First mod I'd ever put on a new car would be reprogramming the computer to let the power out. - It's really surprising how little power they let out at low speed. - I drove an '05 Sierra with the nice 5.3 - it is a terrible dog off the line - 2001's with the standard cabled throttle would break the tires loose up to 20 or so, '05 wouldn't break them loose at all. - I tow a camper once a year with the same Sierra - this summer it seriously would not let enough power out to spin the tires (in 2wd mind you) on grass - weak. - Saves the tranny, but takes away all the fun.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:18 PM

The mustang has just a LITTLE higher power to weight ratio. The only problem the cobalt is REALLY going to have to contend with its the stang's torque. Also, I thought the little cobalt was turbo charged and not supercharged (I could be wrong) but if THATS the case, it's power band isn't distributed equally and it'll really give the mustang's torque a good chance. Otherwise, it might be fairly close, I'm actually pulling for the little cobalt

Old 02-09-2008, 09:26 PM

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

Ok ok..... but don't roll it over on it's roof this time [8D][:-]

[sm=imsorry.gif] ... couldn't resist

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]Don't be sorry. It was funny. My 'navigator' was poor that day. I'll own one again. And this isn't some curvy back road where anyone can slip on some dirt. We were talking straight line. And straight line lends itself to a hard launch out of the hole with 100% traction courtesy of an AWD system and mad torque from a turbo. Screw the wrong wheel drive Cobalt and the hamburger Mustang. As Jeremy Clarkson once said about the Mustang when it was against a Lotus Elise, 'things sold by the gram will always be more exciting than things sold by the pound.' [8D]

Cobalts are either NA or supercharged. I've ridden in a hopped up ion redline (sc) and it was a wheel hopping little b**** from the onset of boost until 3rd gear. That supercharger sounded good though. I will never fault the sound of a pulley'd supercharged car.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:55 PM

LOL... Just to let everyone know, I'll be filming the race and post it on youtube for all to see!

Old 02-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Should be close, although for $50 that cobalt should beat it, i would be surprised if he didnt have a smaller blower pulley and isnt telling you. On another note can i take on the winner

Old 02-09-2008, 10:00 PM

lmao... Sure, anyone of those cars can take a 54. lol... Oh wait, let me go get my Ferrari FXX, I forgot about it.

I think we're overlooking one major factor that was mentioned once I believe... T-O-R-Q-U-E

Quick Reply: Mustang GT vs. Cobalt SS