Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Mustang GT vs. Cobalt SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mustang GT vs. Cobalt SS

Next weekend me and my buddy are supposed to take out his 2007 Mustang GT and race another dude from across town who just bought a 2007 Cobalt SS (supercharged).

This guy swears up and down that his Cobalt is going to smoke the GT. He's running bone stock except for a K&N intake. We're running bone stock except for some cat-back exhaust. The Mustang has the 5-speed manual with a 3.55 rear end. I personally think the Mustang is going to blow his doors off, but I have seen him take off pretty quick...

lol... So here's the question, who does everyone think is going to win? lol...

My 2cents = Coming off the line, Cobalt will be ahead. Once the Mustang hooks up in second, it's nothing but taillights for the little Chevy.

My friends GT...

Old 02-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mustang GT vs. Cobalt SS

I've never driven a cobalt... but the mustang isn't all that fast...

It also depends on what kindof race... If its just straight my bet would still be on the mustang... but if you have to take the mustang around some corners I would go for the lighter cobalt.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:45 PM

Even off the line the GT will be ahead. Cobalts make big torque down at low rpm and it will stuggle to keep the front tires from spinning. My vote goes to the GT but you never know what could happen.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:46 PM

Mustang hands down will win the race. It has 300hp and its not a bitch car.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:48 PM

mustang will smoke it...if ure buddy knows how to drive it wont even be close.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in the end, prob that stang.

a buddy of mine in Fl had a SIIIICK GTO w/ a supercharger and other mods. his last run was a 11.001!!!!

speaking of racing, at my g/fs work there is this 18yr old kid w/ a '04 mustang gt, he just strapped a supercharger on (no internal work, drag radials, boltons) and told my g/f "i just got a s/c on my car, i can beat your b/f's little bike now"......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *takes breath* ahahahahahahahahahah! w/ just a s/c'er he wouldnt do ****, and he prob cant drive the car anyways. she said he knows nothing about bikes.....so i told her to tell him the "4" in F4i stands for 400cc's

sorry to thread jack Matt

Old 02-09-2008, 06:51 PM

I love stang ppl that under estimate everything that isnt a mustang. I bet that cobalt surprises the shyt out of you. It may not blow the doors off the stang, but I bet the stang doesnt blow the cobalts doors off either. And for the record. A factory GT mustang aint shyt. I use to make the older ones cry when I out ran them with a VW Bug.

Dont get me wrong, the stang is a nice car. But it is NOT king of the road n never will be.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:01 PM

not tryin to say that the mustang is the king of the road...but i have an svt focus and have outrun those cobalts before. my boy has a gt with intake and full exhaust and he outran me pretty easy. im not even a mustang fan but i still say the stang smokes the cobalt.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:14 PM

I have personally driven both Hard. Hands down the Stang will win as long as you have a compitent driver. Just roll into itduring 1st and go 100 percent in 2nd.

With a proper launch the stang can get it from the line as well. But don't be surprise to see the 'bolt get a small jump.

It's all about traction [sm=gears.gif]

No offense but not a fan of either. I'm a Camaro/Trans-am/Corvette fan. But to each their own!

Goodluck!

Old 02-09-2008, 07:59 PM

I have an 02 svt focus and have beaten several gt mustangs and have beaten an older vette probably early 90s. I have a 2.0 all motor 4 cylinder with an intake, edelbrock full exhaust including headers and thats it. Its not always about the power. Driver error or excellence will make or brake a race no matter what your driving. I have a friend who got hired by motor trend for his driving ability. He took a stock 06 vette and ran the 1/4 .3-.6 faster than motor trends numberd consistently. also weight to power ratio is huge we should all know that here. and the new stangs aren't light.

Quick Reply: Mustang GT vs. Cobalt SS