Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

MSF... BRC

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSF... BRC

Yep took my first day of the course today. [8D]

Some pretty basic stuff in the begining, but it was fun as hell. (And I can always use the practice to create good habits)

I must say the offset weave kicked my ***! ( I was only able to get it right once), I kept fixating on the closest cone.I would have liked more practice on that one. (We use our own bikes on this version of the BRC,so I'm doing all this low speed/ tight manuvering practice on the 600RR)

I did get a shiiteload of practice on clutch slippage/ friction zone control, and feela lot more confident with that now.

Cant wait for the second session tomorow. I'm stoked!

Old 11-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MSF... BRC

awesome! i took the MSF class in '05. im thinking about taking the next class, same as the MSF class, but w/ your own bike, kinda like a refresher course.

glad to hear you're doing well. let us know how it turns out.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Retired Moderator

Great job WD! That is the idea...a boost to your skills and confidence.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:56 PM

WTF? You get to use your own bikes? I wish I could have used my own bike for the MSF course.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats great man, how long you been riding prior to your class?

Old 11-20-2007, 05:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In PA, you get to use the your own bike for the advanced course. The basic, you have to use the supplied bikes.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:48 AM

ORIGINAL: woo545

In PA, you get to use the your own bike for the advanced course. The basic, you have to use the supplied bikes.
That's how it is in Ohio as well. There is an exception if your bike is less than 500cc, but you need to provide all sorts of documentation. Just isn't worth trying to use your own.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:30 PM

Well I just came back from the second day and I passed the test. (Lost points for not staying inside the square on the U turns, and for not going fast enough on the 160 deg turn)
Altogether it was a great course, and I picked up on a lot of techniques to make me a better rider.

I'll still need to work on my counterleaning for slow turns, and on my head and eye positioning, but now I know hot it is supposed to be done, and can keep working on improving.

I gained a whole lot of confidence, and had a great time doing so.

The reason we get to use our own bikes on the Basic course, is because I'm taking the course inside the military base, and they don't provide bikes, they require you to provide your own bike, and you can't share the bike with someone on the same class.

It almost made me want to get a beater bike I wasn't afraid to dump on the ground, but at the same time, the seat time on my RR made me a lot more confortable on it.

Our instructors rode a Harley Ultra Glide, another big cruiser I don't remember the type, and a Kawasaki VoyagerXI(Kawi's version of a Goldwing) andit was amazing to see them handle those behemoths on the course.

Old 11-23-2007, 03:40 AM

so when you take the MSF course, its over 21 they they stil lahve to take it? im kinconfused i know i do since im 19...i read the cali part about it and it jsut doesnt make sence to me anymore lol.