Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

motorcycle hunt going bad... still

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motorcycle hunt going bad... still

it started off bad when i was on my way from the bank to the AAA to buy a bike and the guy said someone else was buying it for more after we agreed on a price. then i could not find one to buy for a while. then i found another one called the guy on monday right after he posted. he said he could not show it till wensday, i told him i would call him when i get off work at 2 on wensday. i call him and he tells me he was selling it right then. i am so pissed. i have even thought about going and getting a zx-6r for this summer but then i remember how much i love hondas. so the search keeps on going. i have realized i check craigslist, ebay, and cycletrader 100 times a day. to make all this worse my plan was if i could not find a bike by the end of april i would just go buy a new 07 using some settelment money i am getting from my accident last year even though insruance would slaughter me. i was expecting to get the money by the end of april and if i were 18 i would. but i am not 18 till end of may so now i have to wait for that so i can not go get a 07 if i wanted to.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Default RE: motorcycle hunt going bad... still

relax buddy - just keep an eye out, something will come up.

Also, use this forum to help you look for a bike, all of us look at craigslist and sites like that ALL the time, so we can let you know if we find something.

don't give up! Also, call and see how much insurance would be for an '07, you might be ok with a clean record...

Old 04-03-2008, 03:41 PM

Remember... this is "prime" buying time... so sellers are going to sell there stuff expensive and fast. Sadly, the best time to buy a bike is right when the temp starts dropping and the ice/snow starts hitting the ground.

Good advice given to me once was "The deal today might be gone, but there's another one just around the corner". Patience is a virtue! Hold out for your Honda, look at State Farm for insurance, etc. Hell... when I saw the 07 in an early "invite only" thing (as being part of the HRCA), I waited for 6 MONTHS for the bike to hit stores, and I bought the very first one that came into Oklahoma City (1 of 2). Just wait, it will be worth it! Don't get frustrated!

Old 04-03-2008, 04:27 PM

insurance on a 07 is going to be 180 a month. i could pay it but rather would not this year becuase i am a newer rider so i am happy with a 03-05 600rr. its just so frustrating driving home from work and see sportbikes on the road. i have not road since last july when i was in a accident and was not medicaly aloud to till winter came. i just cant wait lol. i am so happy and sad at the same time. i know its so soon i will get to ride again.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:44 PM

Yea i hear yea, atleast you got more to spend. I just sold mine 4 min ago, I been on the hunt 3 weeks now.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: cyber00677
i have even thought about going and getting a zx-6r for this summer but then i remember how much i love hondas. so the search keeps .

i love my honda but the zx-6r is a great bike thats what i started on and if i could not of found a honda then i was going to get another zx great starter bike

Old 04-03-2008, 08:55 PM

Buy mine!