Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Motorcycle Commuters?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Little Girl
I will ride in all types of weather. For many years my only transportation was a motorcycle. My husband thinks I'm crazy for riding in "bad weather" and doesn't like it when I do. The good thing is I live in Texas and snow doesn't happen often. This morning it was 24 when I left the house, I drove the truck instead of my bike only because I am having a really good hair day and I didn't want my helmet to mess it up.
Snicker snicker..... That's the spirit girl!!!

Did someone mention location again? There's no doubt it matters......... India is great at this time of year. You can buy a brand new Enfield for the same price as your plane ticket. I'm sorry for everyone that can't ride right now. Location location location darlings!

Are there many people riding with handle bar muffs at this time of year by the way? They're wicked if not ugly as hell.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
You could take that bike in so many different directions and as long as you don't mess with the factory graphics that bike will always be sex on wheels.
There are actually a few bikes without the graphics and if i ever mess one of em up bad and cant get a good replacement ill end up taking em off.

Go to page 2 for pictures
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=193598&page=2

I would have to take the ones off the tank though and get it recleared.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:43 PM

That makes me sad. It looks good. But not as good

Old 01-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CBR - any decent group rides that you know of over Shreveport way in the spring ?

Old 01-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
CBR - any decent group rides that you know of over Shreveport way in the spring ?
There are 2 people i ride with now. Everyone else sold there bike or crashed doing something stupid. But i know bigboi is in the area so maybe we can get together and have a 5 person group ride up north a little bit.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:19 PM

Honestly if it's raining I would rather drive only because I don't have the proper rain gear. My only real problem with riding in rain is how the heck do I keep my sheild clear so I can see? I got caught in a down poor one day on my way home from work and had to stop because I couldnt see were I was going. Other then that since I'm in Florida it doesn't snow so If I wake up with enough time to gear up I'll ride in the cold no problem.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jay_J
My only real problem with riding in rain is how the heck do I keep my sheild clear so I can see?
RainX

Old 01-11-2011, 04:04 PM
January 2012 AND 2013 Ride of the Month

you can spray Rainex on ur helmet shield , it'll keep most of that rain off.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:10 PM

I tried that once and it didn't help. I'll go and buy some and try again though.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

There are quite a few alternatives to Rain x but yeah....... rain x. Good when it's actually raining.
Doesn't work for baked on salt when it's not raining though. Crap doesn't just flow off your visor. That requires different tactics. 1) Glove/finger wipe across the visor. 2) Stop and wipe your visor with a damp sponge and paper towel that you happen to be carrying with you. 3) Call it a day, go to the nearest pub, wake up in the gutter and carry on in the morning at first light.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Commuters?