Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

MotoGP vs NASCAR vs Rain

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MotoGP vs NASCAR vs Rain

yeah, you guys lost me at rain...

Old 05-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 05-23-2007, 10:03 AM

Yes you know more about bike racing than I do, Inever claimed to know that much about it. I do knowmy fair shareaboutcertain aspects of NASCAR. But I don't think you need to know that much about either sport to realize that if the bikes (and open wheel cars too) can race in the rain then the stock cars should be able to also. Am I right?

And that, sir, is my point. That is precisely why I started this thread.I apologizeif it sounded like I was biting your head off... no harm intended.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:49 PM

i like nascar and all but... you got a serious point here. that is retarded open wheeled cars and 2 wheeled death machines will race in the rain and nascar won't..

Old 05-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Anybody watch theGrand AMDPor GT series for road racing? Those Daytona Prototypes are sick!!!At every race the tag each other, play bounce back and forth and you almost never see them sliding into a wall. Last race I watched 2 guys literally smacked into each other 15 plus times in 1 lap! Yeah their bodywork was messed a little, but not once did they slide or loose control, and half the smacks happened on the back straight towards the cork at Laguna Seca, around 150-170mph.And that was the battle forfifth. The top speed was around 180 and lap times were just 1'40.725". and yes Matt Mladin ran a 1'24.886" in superbike. So the bikes are still king.
What is it about nascrap that causes the smallest tap to turn into a multi car pileup? Is it the drivers lack of skill or the lack of performance the cars actually have?

Old 05-24-2007, 01:29 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lack of grip and aerodynamics cause the huge pileups. That and the fact that there are 43 cars trying to be in the same place at the same time. The only time you see that with F1, IRL or Champ Car racing is the first part of the first lap, then pretty much everyone is single file withoccassional side by side when dueling for apass. The other factor is that open wheel racers don't dare bumpeach other. If the do at speed the penalty for tires rolling over each other is drastic. That and the fact that open cockpits and almost no side crush space offer little driver protection compared to NASCAR cars tends to make the drivers quite cautious and reluctant to bump and bang. Consequences aren't so dramatic in NASCAR, so the drivers can push and shove more freely, and do so. Noticethat the 'big one' usually happens when the cars are running three and sometimes four wide, seldom when they are strung out single file.

Edit: found a link that explains why NASCAR doesn't run in the rain: http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/3636768

Old 05-24-2007, 02:36 AM

Think about it...
slower speeds in road courses with cars or bikes sliding around, pretty interesting.

Slower speeds and ONLY Left hand turns, YAAAAWWWWNNNN.

Need I say more?

as for the contact patch, the tires on a bike actually split throgh the watter minimizing the hydroplane effect. Tires on a race car are flat, low profile and with little or no thread, perfect conditions for hydroplaning.

But yes NASCAR needs to get their **** together.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:43 AM

Finally, some more objectivity. Thanks for your input guys... all good points.

Maybe if enough of us start complaining, NASCAR will change their philosophy. Yea right...and monkeys might fly out of my butt [:-]

Old 05-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Banned

I mean, no offense to any fans, but if you really broke it down - there is nothing logically interesting about Nascar. Nothing.

Very lame, "sport" indeed. And their fans are among the most uneducated, redneck, fight-instigating group of people on the planet. Second only to European football fans. You will never catch me watching anything Nascar related. I've tried in the past, couldn't make it through half a race (have a buddy who is die-hard). Then I bought a motorcycle.

I have seen the light, and it is MotoGP.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:56 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw
...no offense to any fans... their fans are among the most uneducated, redneck, fight-instigating group of people on the planet.
WTF are you talking about? Do you HAVE a brain? How can you say "no offense" and then proceed to say some bull**** like that? Uneducated? I have an engineering degree from one the best engineering schools in the nation - and I graduated with honors. Redneck? Not so much inmy "shirt and tie" industry. Fight-instigating? I believe itis you that is trying to instigate something.

So, with all due respect: GO F*CK YOURSELF Kid.

Quick Reply: MotoGP vs NASCAR vs Rain