Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The most embarassing thing that happened to you on a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The most embarassing thing that happened to you on a bike?

C`mon, spill out your stories! I know you got them!

I`ll start.

Time: somewhere round 2001.
Bike: Honda NS125R ´89.

I was going to a grocery store to buy some soda, when I saw a local group of "bambinos MC" with their mopeds. I had a 180cc big bore kit just intalled to my bike and was playing around some with the new found power. I saw the kids revving their weed whackers and thought to myself "I´ll show those punks how to ride.." Tried to pop a wheelie, which I knew it could do as I have done a few already. I gave the bike a little throttle, let it go and jerked my butt back whilst simultaneously rammed the throttle wide open. The front wheel got a bit off the ground when I heard a *CRASH, KILIN, KALIN, KOLIN, putt* and the wheel slammed back to the ground. The whole crowd of the moped kids exploded in the most mocking laughter I`ve ever heard. All I could think was F**k, not again, took a cautious glimpse down to see a gush of oil being poured to the ground from the lower fairing and thought "this`ll cost me dearly...". The next twenty minutes I waited for my friend´s dad to pick me up with his van was propably the longest waits I ever had to take as the punk kids were flocking around me sneering and revving.

When I got home I found out that the engine could not cope with the added HP:s, and the gearbox`s drive axle had snapped in two, slamming the drive bearing through the block and shredding the whole gearbox to rubble...

Old 10-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only thing I can think of is I stalled at a stop light in front of a huge line of cars and the bike refused to go into first gear. Probably only took me 20 seconds but it felt like an eternity every time I looked in my mirrors and saw all those people waiting. When I finally got goin I put my hand up as a gesture of "Sorry" but no one really looked at me funny when they drove by at the next light or anything. I just felt like a complete dumbass.

Old 10-31-2011, 05:46 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

there was one time on my f3 that i needed to move it from the parking lot into my apartment in college a LONG time ago. i was paranoid about it getting stolen. we were having apartment inspections, so instead of riding it to my apartment and putting it inside (like i usually do) i had to let it sit on in the parking lot for a bit.

like i said, i'm paranoid about thieves, so i put a disk lock on the front brake.

i went outside to move it in real quick later on that night, it had been a few hours, and i forgot the disk lock was on it.....

got about a foot, then i went down.

did it right in front of one of my fraternity brothers too. proof

as soon as it came around, i finally remembered. but it was too late, hell, i didn't even try to catch it. i just fell right over....

Last edited by Conrice; 10-31-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:48 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Most embarrassing moment? Hmmmm.......i've post this incident prior...stop light then look to my right..chicks in a Honda...they looked Asian? One chick shouts...hey, how fast you bike go...I said fast enough...so I start revvvvv it...say bout 8-9rpm...red light turns green but I was still talking to those chicks.. Big *** semi in back of me got **** off cause I'm stalling a green and slam on his bull horn scare the **** out of me while I'm revvvvv ing it....when the semi slam bull horn I pop the clutch, did a accidental 10-11 O'clock and my **** slid to the back seat hitting my *****...felt like a superman but out of control...came back down, ***** hurt for like 3 days...sore bro...

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-19-2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: language
Old 10-31-2011, 07:52 PM
July 2014 ROTM

Back in the 80's I was riding a 125 for a short time due to redundancy. Left a temporary work site at the end of the first day, pulled up at a T junction at the end of the estate (a 50 yard ride) and promptly highsided at 2mph!

Embarrassed - new work collegues, small bike, no speed

Old 10-31-2011, 07:55 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well...thich one to choose from, hmm...The time I drove through my front door,
spraying the lock across the room? Never dive up the ramp, onto the front porch
where you have to stop the INSTANT you get to the top....in MITTONS!! One inch
inside the door jamb is an inch too far. Nah, only my room-mate saw that one.

Howws about the one where I get ALL the way down-town in 4 inches of snow,
stop at the corner, next to my destination. Put my foot down...and it just keeps
go-oooing, in slow motion, I lay the bike down.

Actually, the most embarressing incident will be the next one. ;-)

Ern

Old 10-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a Kawasaki Z650 (81 model).Came out of a friends place & see two girls sitting in a car next to his driveway. That model you had to pull the clutch in to start. So put on all my gear, pulled the clutch in & started her up, gave it an almighty rev, rev, rev & dropped the clutch, (forgetting that it wasn't in neutral, but in 1st) & then watched my bike going down the road without me, while I ran after it with all my gear on. Bike eventually came to rest, still upright but leaning against a colourbond fence. To embarrassed to even look back in their direction.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:14 PM

pushing my CBR F3 up a hill 3 times because I screwed up the jump start...good times.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:17 PM

Mine would be the night i got my first bike, a 94 f2. I had been driving it all day and turning it off with the ignition like a car not being used to the killswitch to shut it down. Went to start it later that night and couldnt get it to start at all. Must have spent 30-40 mins checking around the engine and battery cables thinking something came loose somehow. Then i realized i had the killswitch in the off position. Nobody saw it but i still felt dumb.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:33 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
pushing my CBR F3 up a hill 3 times because I screwed up the jump start...good times.
uuuggghhhh.... in full gear.... get ready to sweat! been there, done that

Quick Reply: The most embarassing thing that happened to you on a bike?