Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

More of the same...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More of the same...

In light of some of my recent posts, thought I'd share some more for some odd reason...

This is a story of a woman about 30 minutes West of here.

Mother to stand trial in death
by Ray Scherer
Thursday, May 1, 2008
[/align][/align]
TROY, Kan. — A 21-year-old Doniphan County woman will stand trial in early July in the death of her infant son last year.
The trial for Tamara Sue Kostman, of Troy, was scheduled Wednesday for five days starting July 7. District Judge John Weingart also announced a series of court dates preceding the 12-person jury trial, to help attorneys on both sides prepare and argue pending motions. Ms. Kostman pleaded innocent during the arraignment.
She is charged with first-degree murder in the June 19, 2007, death of her infant son, Dillon Kostman Trant. Law enforcement investigators found the child’s body during a search of an apartment at the Shady Hollows Apartment complex on Troy’s west side. She shared the unit with Derek Trant, her boyfriend and the child’s father.
In January, Judge Roy Roper ruled that prosecutors had furnished sufficient evidence at a preliminary hearing to affix probable cause that murder was committed. Prosecutors allege that she suffocated the boy by placing a washcloth in his mouth soon after giving birth at the apartment.
At the hearing, witnesses testified that Ms. Kostman denied her pregnancy. They said she continued to drink alcohol on weekends while pregnant.
The office of Attorney General Stephen Six is assisting County Attorney Charles Baskins in prosecuting the case. The state filed the murder charge in September.
The District Court appointed Atchison attorney John Kurth to represent Ms. Kostman, whom Mr. Weingart said qualifies as indigent. Her previous attorney, Steve Deiter, was recently appointed to fill a judicial vacancy bench in Nemaha County.
Mr. Kurth said he needed to confer with his client to assist in preparing for the trial.
“There may be a competency or mental issue,” he told Mr. Weingart. “That still may be a possibility.”
Mr. Roper had earlier ruled that Ms. Kostman was competent to proceed into the trial phase.
Ms. Kostman faces a range of 20 years to life in prison for a conviction. She was remanded to the custody of the Doniphan County Sheriff’s Department. She is being held in the Atchison County Jail in lieu of a $1 million bond.
Ray Scherer can be reached at rscherer@npgco.com
I don't know if anyone remembers hearing about it, but a couple of years ago a woman 20 miles North of here, Bobbie Jo Stinnettwasled to believe that Lisa Montgomery would be purchasing an AKC dog from her. They arranged the pickup online and upon arrival, Lisa Montgomery killed Bobbie Jo and cut her unborn fetus from her stomach. One of the very fewsignificantmemories of my career in LE. Anyone here ever been to the scene of a murder? I have. I don't know what that means, lol,but...

Anyway, for some reason I want to hear twisted stories of twisted people that somehow, someway you may know their aunts sisters next-door neighbors 2nd cousin who did it.

Any stories?

Old 05-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: More of the same...

Sorry Kid i got nothin, but those are some f'd up people there you posted.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Banned

I'm wondering if it's a Midwestern thing...

[&:]

Old 05-01-2008, 11:28 PM

I wanna say this happened in texas. A lady thru here two kids off an overpass and then herself during rush hour. The kids are fine, but he mom was in ICU.

Ummmmm......old news. There was a parent that cut up their kids and stuffed them in 55gal drums.

An ex soldeir (years ago and here) chopped two hookers up and stuffed them in luggage. A homeless guy searching the land filled found one. They never found the other. Took the police awhile to figure it out but they finally found him on walmart survellince and his credit card records of him buying kitchen knives, bags, and luggage. I think I just thought of another motivational poster.

A drunk college dude walked into the wrong house and the home owner capped his ***.

A drunk college girl ran over a drunk college dude. Lucky for her the dude's parents werent mad at here and since he was drunk too she gets 120 days at the pen and 3 years probation.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........old old news. There's the Wacky Waco "incident".

(Here), Dude got cuaght with kiddy **** and was part of the worlds largets disrubution of kid ****.

Just had a DPS trooper gunned down.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Banned

Oh yeah! The Texas Poligamy Compound... lol. Isn't that what they're calling it or something?

Missouri has creepy lurky bastards, in Texas they just build themselves in compounds. Smart move in the long run!

In the 80's there was a man who lived in Skidmore, MO (<--even name sounds creepy), around700 residents.He literally bulliedthe entire town. So much so that one day, on Main street, in Broad Daylight(<-- name of the movie that was made), he was shot and killed with over15 distinctweapons being used while sitting in his truck. The case remains unsolved to this day. This occured at a time when the area he was killed in would normally have most of the town as a witness.

No one from Skidmore talks about it now, and no one talked about it then. Now that is some real, "people coming together."

Old 05-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Well i suppose for Wisconsin we did have this great guy a few years back,Jeff Dahmer. Feel free to google it if you dont know about him.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Retired Moderator

My dad worked with a guy for years and was also friends with him. I remember going to his house all the time as a kid and my parents would BBQ and party with him and so forth. He was an absolute bullsh!tter, but was likeable/loveable anyway. One night he was out celebrating his getting engaged, and the ex-boyfriend showed up, shot and killed him. My dad was just devastated. I was about 18 when that happened but had known Frank for about ten years. Very sad, and it really shook up our little community.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:13 PM

When in high school, one of my classmates (Derek Gavette)had murdered, raped and stashed his sister's body (Heather Gavette)in the trunk of his car. He was always weird, but we never thought he would do anything like this. I went to school with him from 1st grade untiljunior year in high school, when he was found guilty of killing Heather, then raping her after she was dead, repeatedly, and stashing her body in the trunk of his car, which he drove to school while she was "missing." He had led the cops on some goose chase saying she had called from NYC saying she had run away with an older man...then the cops impounded his car and found the body.

I tried to find some old newspaper links online as proof, but all I found was this...
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...;GRid=23644743&

and this:
http://www.ctinmateinfo.state.ct.us/...nmt_num=234190

He used to tell us how he used to tape M80's to cats and tried to capture the mail man with traps and stuff, but we never believed him until this happened. He's in the asylum upstate for45 years now, 14 have gone by already...wow, 14 years already. I can remember it like it happened last year.

Kid, you were or are a cop?

Old 05-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Banned

Were.

That's without a doubt, so far, the most twisted story I've ever heard. I know of a similar case but the involved weren't related and the body was found in a field.

Crazy...