Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Molly (my Dog) died 17 Sep. 06 but reappears for 45 sec's. or so.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Molly (my Dog) died 17 Sep. 06 but reappears for 45 sec's. or so.

Ok.. this is weird but true and I'll share the story.

My Best Friend (Molly) died on the 17th of Sep., 2006. She died od heat stroke and I took her to Vet but he said he couldn't help her. I took her home and placed her in a bath tub and then to my bed on towels. She last from 5 PM to 9:30 and died in my arms. It was heart breaking and I morned her (every day) for 6 months. She was really a Human Copanion in the True Sense of the Wording. Molly never needed a collar and always knew what to do or what I or we were doing together. We trucked together and she set in the passener seat like a person. She'd look over and when she was super happy, she's drop her tonque out and smile like a person (in a way). She was Border Collie and picked me out when I wentt to look at litter of pups. The other pup's jumped up on my leg and did the puppy thing. Molly, set a few feet back and looked right into my eyes. I said to the old farmer that was showing me the pups... that pup is looking right into my eyes. I said, I never had a dog do that and we (my father) had a lot of dogs and sold them (hunting dogs). Anyway, I said to the farmer, that dog seems to have picked me out and that's good enough for me.. she's the one.

When, we parked the truck at night, Molly would set in her seat all night. She watched all around the truck and used the truck mirrors to do this too. She did this all on her own and did it every night that we were out. In the morning at day break.. she's come back to the bunk and lay at the foot of my bed until I got up.

One time when we were pulling a wide load.. I was miss-routed and ended up in a construction zone and it was getting dark. When I came into the bridge areas.. I was missing the barrer's by 9 inches and I was really worked up inside. If I hit something.. I was at fault and the fine was $ 10 K and license suspension. Well it was starting to get dark.. dark and I could not get off the I-80 in Penna. . I was doing a melt down inside. Now, I never said a thing but Molly sensed my stressed out condition. She came across from her seat and placed her front paws on my right leg and began to lick my right ear. I was surprised by this and she did calm me down. From this time on.. she would lick the bottom of my ear at night time when I was going to sleep.

Now, when Molly died, I buried her right out side my house and next to the top of a concrete step where we use to set and I have a picture of her there on face book. I used to lay in the grass with her and feed her beef jerky. I'd give her a bag and keep a bag for myself. However, I put several big bites in the top part of shirt pocket. She'd finish all of her bag and then look over at me. I'd say.. was that good, she's beam back and kick that happy tonque out. I'd say, I have a couple more left and she'd come & get them. I'd pull one up to the top of my shirt pocket and she pull it out with the skill of a brain surgeron. I'd laugh and laugh and get a big belly laugh going (special memories).

Well.. here's the Bizarre Part and nothing I say will be a Lie ! I'm sharing this story for folks that have had a special relationship with man's best friend and may have their own story to share.

When Molly died... I was hurting big time and did not sleep or eat for (very little) for about two weeks. I went around and starting looking for a female Border Colle's. Molly was 5 1/2 YO when she died, The farmer did not have any dogs and only had a couple litters. I went to the SPCA and found a male pup and got him because he was marked like Molly. I found another littler of pups and got a female that looked like a full blooded lab. . I met the mother of the pup (only female) I picked out, the mother reminded me of Molly. She crawled up in my lap and looked right in my eyes. However, when I took the pup (named Lady) home.. she was taken by my X and that was that. I stopped looking for a female pup for a couple weeks and found a local add at the Giant store. I called the tel. number and went over to see the pups. I met the mother and she was real nice and they were working dogs; Molly came from working dogs. This next part is unbelievable, just like the day I got Molly. All the pups were jumping up except one. She was setting down like Molly and looked right into my eyes. I read later in a Border Collie (BC) book that this is true with BC's (they pick their master).

I took the pup home and named her Nicky. After Jack had been with me for about 3 weeks... this happened. Molly, used to come from the floor around 3 AM in the morning and lay along side me at about a 30 degree angle away from me. Jack, the male... started to do this on the 3rd week he was with me. I did not know this at 1st and just happened to wake up and sense that he was there (I sleep on my side and face the edge of the bed. So, I turned over towards the middle of the bed and saw Jack. I have a little night light that plugs into the wall and could just make out his outline. I reached over to touched Jack and he was like a stone and did not move. I focused my eyes on him and his ears were straight up like Molly's. Now Molly had radar ears and they turned some when she was focused on something (like a mini radar dish). Jack had and still has 90 degree floppy down ears. However, Jack had straight up ears and laying at 30 degree in the bed and in the same spot that Molly did. Now, I just laid there and looked and looked at Jack in disbelief. I thought about all this and could not come up with an explanation. I touched Jack and he was like a stone. I ran my hand up further to his head and he stirred and was slow to become awake. He got up and went to the foot of the bed and that was that. I laid there and thought.. are you losing it or what and went back to bed. Now this happened (Jack) again, No not every night.. two or three nights a week.

Now Nicky is next and did the same thing and added two other things. Nicky will lick my ears and lays across my belly at 90 degree's and gives me that big laugh and tonque hanging out. Jack stopped doing the lay in bed deal with ears up. Nicky, will do it each and every night that I say Molly's name. Also, it's only at night and when the main light is turned off in the bedroom. Nicky will have a different look in her eyes and they seem un-focused for a few seconds. Molly will do what she used to do (lick ears, ears straight up, tonque out) for about 45 seconds.

What do I think... I don't have clue and ain't going to go see a head doctor to discuss it. I've (No joke) told what has happened and what will happen anytime I mention Molly's name (a coupe times). I will rub Nicky's belly like I did Molly and say Molly in a low voice. Also, Nicky never brings her ears up and only when I say Molly and only for 45 seconds or so.

I'm sure that thier's some Big Time Dog Lover's out there and may have a touching story. I heard about (told by daughter) about her dad that died and buried in there family grave yard (on farm property). The dog was missing and they did not know what happened to it (german shepard). They found the dog dead on the middle of the man's grave. This women had tears in her eyes and I believe the story.

Avery