Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

mobile phones and accidents

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mobile phones and accidents

Its illegal in Chicago(Cook County) to be holding a cell phone and driving. That being said most things are illegal in Cook County.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:09 AM

i dont hate phones or even using them whilst driving only the people so tied up in there conversations that they are not awear of what is going on around them.there is no need to be a cheap skate and not get a hands free kit. Why hold it against your ear and shoulder when you get a hand free kit with a lot of phones .Here in the UK it is illegal but the cops dont every nick you for it ,They are only interested in nicking bikers i just wish someone at the top would highlight that then i feel the roads would be much safer place to ride.as i have a big thing about this since i got hit by a driver .Next time you are out riding watch people chatting on their phones ride next to the car and i bet they dont even notice you next to them unless your exhaust is well loud they drive along in a sort of autopilot mode ( in a day dream)

Old 01-09-2006, 11:03 AM

ORIGINAL: streetfighter

.Here in the UK it is illegal but the cops dont every nick you for it ,They are only interested in nicking bikers i just wish someone at the top would highlight that then i feel the roads would be much safer place to ride.

the problem is that it hasn't effected the higher ups..when it does then they wil make a change. ppl who talk on cells while driving.. vary around here from the slow driving to the weaving in and out to the soccer mom in the mini van driving like she is a day dream ..it f*cking scary . i usally beep @ them adn flip them off.[:@]