The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Mobile phones

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 05:25 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Mobile phones

I'm in the market for another one - been a fan of Nokia, but have tried Siemens & Sony Ericsson too, belonged to the wife (810i) but it started acting up, so I gave it back

Who's using what and what to look for ? - they can just about make you coffee in the morning, now, what with GPS,GPRS,Bluetooth, We fi and the rest......

I'm looking at a Nokia N96 - any comments ?
I've also looked at the N97 but I think that keyboard would be too small for my big mitts, which rules out the E71/72 as well.Geez the keys are small on those.

I have a new set of silicone covers (black) for a N97 if they are of use to anyone...........don't even ask about why (Chinese Nokias.....)
someone tried a rip-off on e-Bay...........that's another story.....
Free to a good home.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:02 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete,
I have a Samsung A701 that I have dropped, run over, and generally belted the ****e out of and its still going mate. I've had all of the Nokias over the years and cannot fault the Samsung. You can access the web and that on it but if your anything like me I don't need that anyway. If you want a phone that actually makes and receives phone calls and sms this is the one. Cheers mate.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my last 3 phones have been samsung. i love them...

Old 07-30-2010, 07:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had bad experiences with every Samsung phone i tried. Admittedly they were usually within a week from being released so a lot was early adopted issues. But where the problem came in is that they were extremely slow to address the issues.

My last and my current phones have been Motorola. Both the Droid branded ones from Verizon. My current Droid X will be in my hands for a year. I love the android os and the X's feature are very nice.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the input , let's see some more from the rest of the inmates..........

Old 07-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am on the EVO band wagon...

Old 07-30-2010, 06:04 PM

I'm on my third Nokia. Had it three years, no probs. The battery in just about shagged out but that's not too bad. I'm sticking with nokia simply because I like the logical and easy to navigate menus. Pretty good camera for a phone too.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not too useful in this department, Pete.... lol.

My company gives me a phone, so I pretty much take what I'm given. (unless I really hate it, then I smash it. )
I have one of those Samsung Intensity slider phones at the moment. It's ok I guess, but the camera isn't great and it doesn't have zoom. Buttons are small on the keyboard, too (but a lot of the sliders are). I don't think the reception is very good, either. Oh, and I use my phone's calculator a lot, but on this phone it will never go enough decimal places to use it for anything I need.

The phone before that was a Motorola i576. I really didn't like it, either. Way too thick, and the external buttons SUCKED. One of them would call people when you bumped it, and the other made loud noises... lol.
(So I ripped all the buttons off with pliers. )

Phone before that was a Sony Ericsson z530i. I actually really liked the phone, but they had an infamous "white screen of death" problem where the wiring would break internally and the screen would die. I had 3 different ones over the course of 18months. (wife had 2). Always got free replacements, tho.

I've had a few phones in-between, but I can't remember what they were.

My wife has a Samsung Impression at the moment and I hate that phone with a passion. It's about the most user UNfriendly phone I've ever played with.
The iphone is pretty cool, but everyone I've talked to says the battery life sucks.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:46 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't own one. People can find you when you have one.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
I don't own one. People can find you when you have one.

HERE is the link for you to track someone on there cell phone.

Quick Reply: Mobile phones