Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Memorial Thread?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Memorial Thread?

I remember ss954rr, but im thinkin there was also somebody else. hopefully im wrong, but i coulda swore that their was one or two others. just remember for a couple weeks on here it seemed like another one went down every week or so.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we as riders need to understand and aknowledge the risks we take every single time we put that key in, I understand how one would not want to dwell on someones death as they prepare to ride, yet its almost a neccessity to realize the potential that the same can happen to us

Old 11-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Retired Moderator

I'll check on the status of all downed riders. I think H.C. came up with the idea of a memorial thread, and I don't know if it was military specific. One of the mods or admins will respond.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hattrick too...

Old 11-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

i understand what your saying, but most of the people on here havent even meet each other. we just talk to each other thru dialogue on the internet. we have all helped each other in one way or another on here, just think that it would be nice to remember the ones that have passed is all. i agree with you about not wanting to hear it, and trust me i am the same, hate hearing bout death. but, on the internet its so much easier to forget the ones that have passed because you havent really meet them in real life. just figure it would be respectful to at least have their handles on the thread so we wont forget ya know.

oh a lighter note, i started to read the other thread and noticed that hardcorp came up with the idea...basically that means that since we agree on something else, the world is truly coming to an end lol

oh, and i didnt know that the memorial thread was suppossed to be for all the riders that have gone down anyways, just thought that don came up with it on his own so i guess all in all this thread is pretty useless...other than the fact that we have another name to add now

Not going to come over there and hug your neck, but twice in one week is a groundbreaker LOL I e-mailed Don yesterday morning. Early before you started this thread about 954rr Shane and hattrick who had been mentioned in the other thread we must be on the same mental plain this week or something

Old 11-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Retired Administrator

I haven't received any other names to add to the list via PM yet.

And to answer the question of military only.... No.

All members here have the right to be in the memorial, we were just said the military members should have that noted and an image of their service in the post. If they do not have an avatar, I'll make the military one for them.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Retired Administrator

correction... going through my PMs as I'm replying to threads and I see I at least have one PM from HC with a name. You guys have no clue how many PMs I get daily. I am leaving for a meeting/training shortly after I eat dinner, so I'll try to work on this later tonight.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:46 PM

Take your time Don. No rush.