Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Winter Projects 2007

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Projects 2007

Don't think this has been posted yet for this season. Whachu got on the books to do this winter?

I am changing my front brake line to a braided Galfer line, I am probably going to install some flushies, I am considering a P.C., have to do a service on the wifey's bike (oil, chain, carbs, etc), and change my oil. We just cleaned up the garage really good so I have plenty of room to work. Afetr I get my wife's bike done, I think I will winterize it. She says she is going to ride itat least once a month, but I don't believe her.

P.S. One more thing. I was thinking of having a local fab shop custom make me a grab barto replace thestock one. Many people think they are stupid in the first place, but I haven't seen a good alternative. I don't like the Targaseat cowl, and don't like the home madeplugs I have seen, either.

Anyway...post up.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Winter Projects 2007

im gonna spend the winter wishing it wasnt winter ...and besides obvious maintinence,im still in the market for some right side fairings (damn you green minivan!)

Old 11-20-2007, 12:57 PM

On the list for this winter:
1) SS brake lines up front, already have them, just need to install.
2) Switching to F4i gauges, just need to get the speedo-healer
3) Put a 98-99 front end on, and then find out if I can paint.
4) New chain and sprockets
5) New front tire.

That's a pretty big list considering we only have about a month left until our second daughter is born.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:02 AM

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...Picture034.jpg

im going to spend my winter making this bike look good. any sugestions on color?

Old 11-21-2007, 09:20 AM

I'm just going to be waitng for winter to be over. The bike is good to go and I will have to do front pads by the end of spring, but I have them already. My truck is put away and I want to sell it so no new mods for it this year. Over all I'm just going to work,hang out and work on some songs-a buddy and I are trying to get a bad going, but it's a slow go.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:10 AM

I am going to be stripping down my F2 and replacing anything that I deem necessary. I found a place online that actually carries the factory decals, and you can just get the individual pieces you need. So i'll be doing that, touching up the paint where needed, and getting some after market stuff as well. I found some sweet anodized pegs, new wind screen, grips, levers. Also plan on getting the rims powder coated. I thinks thats about it.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:18 AM

whats winter? its like 80 deg down here lol

Old 11-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

whats winter? its like 80 deg down here lol
That's what I'm saying. If it would only get cold long enough for me to strip it down and prep for paint. At this rate, she will never get new color.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:47 AM

mostly just repairing crash damage on the SV from Road Atlanta, it needs a new right clip-on tube, grips, brake lever, steering damper (damn thing bent),clutch cable, front brake lines, right rearset, might need a front brake rotor, windscreen, paint, etc... I also ordered a new rear brake line since the stock one wasn't long enough to reach where I like my rearsets adjusted.

The F4i needs a paint job, full exhaust, and a dyno tune; hopefully I'll get to most of that over winter.

The Monster needs -1/+1 sprockets

Old 11-21-2007, 11:04 AM

Some custom LED work....just for fun, rear tire hugger.......Um, yellow rim tape....if not powder coated completely yellow...What else....oh, its not really for the bike itself, but a new helmet, I'm thinkin a scorpion exo700 in rivet yellow will do nicely! And some sort of flush mount, if not remove mirrors and attach blinkers there... Its a good thing I have a lot of time!!

Quick Reply: Winter Projects 2007