Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

meanstrk down and will not be riding for a while.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: meanstrk down and will not be riding for a while.

Bum deal man. Ive rode with a couple guys who follow way to close on their quads. I tell them that Im on two wheels and to back the hell up or to take the lead. Hope everything goes okay for you. Sitting on the edge of the bed and straightening your leg and lifting up and down will strengthen your muscles in your leg and tighten your ligaments. Thats what the Doc told me after my knee injury.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that man, glad your relatively OK though. Get well soon. I'm sure the guy that hit you prob feels horrible.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The guy that hit me was my son. He is also one of my best riding buddies, and as such, I know he feels like ****. I feel terrible for what he must be going through, knowing that just backing off would have prevented this. I will never again be able to ride at the level I am use to, but I sure as hell hope to get close.....

Still in the hospital at the moment and went through anangiogram today that is for the purpose of verifying that all the arteries and peripheral vessels in the leg are good, and they do seem to be. A percentage of injuries like these end up with amputaions due to blood loss in the lower leg, so that was a huge relief when all was well there. The bad news is that the MRI shows that pretty much all the ligaments are toast in the knee. Primarily the ACL and PCL are ripped loose and will require a surgical repair in the near future. That will be followed by some serious physical therapy time and we will see what we end up with.

In the meantime, I am working in a virtual hospital office and refusing pain meds. Hopefully I can go home Tuesday now and go on from there.

The CBR may end up of the sales block soon as I was seriously thinking about selling it anyways for another Aprilia, but I will not be riding for God only knows how long now. Got a track bike in the works that I have never even got to ride on the tracktoo. That sucks........