Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Mazda Rotary bike lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mazda Rotary bike lol

First let me say My cousin is a die hard rotary fan. We argue constantly about Piston/rotary.... reliability/performance....Honda/Mazda.....styling/drivabilty.....miata/s2000.....rx7/nsx you name it we have argued about it! It usually ends when he gets mad because I bring up Honda Motorcycles.

He constantly raves about the Norton NRV588 rotary bike. (not reliable or production) so one day I sent him this text..... needless to say he was pissed by the time he read the last sentence and I had a good laugh the rest of the day.

Mazda motors has confirmed that they have entered a deal with italian motorcycle company Ducati to build production Rotary super bikes to compete with the likes of Honda and Yamaha the two largest Motorcycle manufactures in the world. The bike will feature The 998 Ducati frame while using a 2 rotor turbo variation of the Renesis engine found in the RX8. The bike has broken acceleration records in the liter bike class by achieving a quarter mile time of 8.3 seconds at a blistering 163mph. The rotors are so advanced that Mazda recruited Rolex Watch company to diamond cut the rotors from magnesium. The Apex seals will be made from the same material used in the soles of the new Jordans slated to come out later this year.

Lol

Old 01-08-2010, 12:29 PM

Where do you buy the signal bulb fluid for it?

Old 01-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, that last sentence... From what I've heard, the twin rotor motor is pretty reliable for 40-50k miles so long as you don't drive it too much in the cold and you get an awesome tuner.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by thrasher572
Where do you buy the signal bulb fluid for it?
From Racingbeat of course!

Old 01-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The idea for a rotary donk in motorcycles is not new. The unfortunately named Wankel Hercules was around in the 70's as was the Suzuki RE5.
The Suzuki had more flare (& a better name than Wankel) plus the usual bang for your buck goodies (like good brakes).
I've only seen one Wankel in Australia & that was in a bike museum, the Suzuki did not sell well as to a lot of potential riders, it did not look or sound like a "Proper" bike. But they went like stink & supposedly handled well because of the low centre of gravity of the motor.

Name:  hercules.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  20.8 KB

Name:  Suzuki-RE5-Rotary-19721.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  44.0 KB