Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

maybe a new bike ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 02:25 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maybe a new bike ?

sorry i posted this in the 900RR section already but more people are usually in here and i need opinions sooner than later THANKS!

hey guys and girls ! i need your help ! im thinking about trading this guy my 98 cbr 600 F3 for his 95 900RR this is the info i have on his bike right now.

"iam selling this bike because it is just to big for me, I got it as my first bike and it is just to fast and to big. Purchased from friend a year ago, ran then, needs new batt and a tune up. 36,000 miles (about), Jet Kit, Advanced timing, Two Brothers Header and Exhaust, Steering Stabalizer, Carbon fiber gauges and blinkers, aftermarket brakes, rotors, and steel braided lines. Reverse transmission, 1 up 5 down. Has alarm but is not hooked up. Low bluebook with much higher miles is over 4000. Asking 3400 obo Call Justin (916)-370-3996

my bike is a 98 clean title with about 32,xxx it has ~Frame sliders ~D&D slip on ~New tires~Carbon fiber yoke cover~Carbon fiber rear hugger~SS Galfer Brake lines~Custom paint (its a blue/purple color depending on the light)~Double bubble windscreen~Front flush mounts~Rear integrated flush mounts

the bads about my bike :~ Double bubble has a broken corner~left side fairing has a piece broken off
~Seat needs to be re-upholstered~it was dropped by previous owner so the crank case cover has scratches on it ~right side mirror is broken

so what do you think ? good deal , bad deal ? im worried about the mods to his bike id rather it be mostly stock im not to sure about the reverse tranny and the advanced timing , how woul di put all that back to stock ?

Old 02-28-2007, 02:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: maybe a new bike ?

when i bought my 98 cbr600, it had reverse trans on it too, i asked the guy how difficult it was to change back, he got his tools, got down and changed it back to normal in 2 minutes. i didnt really pay attention to how he did it exactly, but i know he made it look EASY

Old 02-28-2007, 02:35 AM

On the RR's you can just switch the shift shaft to do that, that may be the same to get it back to stock shifting. Does he have any pictures??? I am not sure about the 900's but it sounds like a fair deal to me. Sounds like a lot of work has been put into it and if you were to just buy it and part it you, it sounds like you could easily make your money back, so I dont htink its that bad of a deal. I know this may not be much help, but for that price, I'd do it. Are you looking for something around a liter?

Old 02-28-2007, 02:41 AM

ive always just really liked the 900RR's ! i think they are sexy and its a good step up from my F3. i just wasnt sure what a reverse transmission was .. he said that its 1 down 5 up which is what i thought all bikes were anyways
here is the pix i have so far

Old 02-28-2007, 02:44 AM

Normal is 1 Down, 5 Up
Reverse is 1 Up, 5 Down.

I think all you have to do is switch the shaft. Sharp bike though. I think I'd be a good deal

Old 02-28-2007, 02:45 AM

If the condition/maintainace are good, if you get a good feel from the seller, and of course the color is rightI would be all over that bike. Love the (919)9RRgreat bike to cruise two up, ride all day/night and still hang it out on a corner. I would wave $2,8K cash in his face, if not $3,1K is the most I would spend.Money talks bull**** runs a marathon. I've never owned one but if you ask guys that have owned oneand solditmost will say "I wish I never sold that bike." Good luck with it.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:49 AM

well heres the thing. he says its his 1st bike and its too big for him! (im guessing speed wise) so im offering to trade my F3 (because he wants to trade for a different bike) since its a smaller CC but still a great bike ! so im just waiting to hear back from him

Old 02-28-2007, 02:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hope the trade goes good! its a beautiful bike! id be lying if i said i wasnt the least bit jealous

Old 02-28-2007, 03:02 AM

lol no need to be jealous if you were here you could ride it nah im lying haha j/p anyways it seems like something id like to do but i want to see it in person 1st . i hope i hear back from him soon i hate waiting games lol

Old 02-28-2007, 06:09 AM

A straight up trade? No extra funds required. Wow this cat is eitherretarded or it's too good to be true.