Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Lose something?? (kinda greusome)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lose something?? (kinda greusome)

I have relented utting this story up here because i doubted its legitimacy. But i now have 2 sources, one of whom has seen the man personally.

It seems that a few nights ago, a man was riding on a "blue crotch rocket" as the paramedic on the scene put it, on I-91 in CT at well over 100 (the rider says 150). he was riding in the slow lone, when a woman changed into his lane, forcing him to move into the brakedown lane. Well he overcorrected, and rubbed up along one of those wire guardrails, recovered, and took 1/2 mile to stop.

Much to his dismay when he slowed down enough he realised that the cable had amputated his right foot. so, he got as close to the guardrail as he could... AGAIN... and leaned the bike against it so that it wouldn't fall over.

someone on the highway pulled over to see if he was ok, and found him sitting on the curb, with his belt as a turniket , trying to call his dad to tell him he had been in a motorcycle accident. (obviously in shock)

Paramedics came, the man is fine (sans a foot) and the troopers actualy found his foot, but were unable to re attach it. this comes from a friends who knows a paramedic on the scene (why i didn;t trust it at first) and my best friend who is doing her PT clinicals at Yale New Haven Hospital, and SAW the guy. so it happened, but some of the details may be a little off.

It's truley amazing what the human body can endure

Old 08-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Default RE: Lose something?? (kinda greusome)

Holy s**t. Thats freakin crazy... hope the riders recovery goes well.

(also, its amazing how fast shock/adrenalin set in... to rip your foot off and not even feel it)

Old 08-16-2008, 12:39 PM

Yikes! Out of curiousity, do you know if he was wearing boots?

Old 08-16-2008, 01:02 PM

Heard that story a year or so ago

Old 08-16-2008, 06:44 PM

well, like i said, i know the girls who is doing PT for him personally. so i believe it

Old 08-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that is insane. and shock is an amazing thing, i've had some serious things happen to me but b/c of shock/adrenaline i felt absolutely NOTHING! im sure he knows what he did wrong (going that fast), whether his fault or not (woman entering his lane). i hope he recovers and enjoys the rest of his days.