Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Loctite where it counts

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loctite where it counts

Just a reminder fellas, make sure to loctite those bolts that could really cause some nasty ****. I went riding yesterday and took off from a stop sign, as soon as I shifted into 2nd the bike cut off...naturally I clutch and let it coast to a stop before I try to restart it. Ended up stripping the bike down naked on the side of the road to get it started before dark/rain(it was really cloudy) so I could take it home(only about 1 mile away). After all my voltages were checked where it mattered I took off the crank sprocket inspection plate on the side of the clutch cover. The damn crank trigger was hanging off on 1 bolt with the other missing. I didn't loctite those bolts and they must have loosened...one actually fell off and made the trigger out of line not allowing the bike to start.

Fortunately it fell into the oil pan and I was able to fish it out with a magnetic retriever thing and put a good helping of red loctite on all 3 bolts on the inside of the clutch cover. That thing could have REALLY ****ed some **** up in there.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Default RE: Loctite where it counts

Doh, that has a lot to do with propper torque also. That's why I picked up an in/lb wrench before I did my clutch on the widow maker. I've had an engine cover loosen up on my XT225 after working on it, that another example of where a lil loctite blue wouldn't hurt. I think I loctit all the bolts on the clutch cover of the F4i for that reason

Old 10-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Default RE: Loctite where it counts

??? theres bolts that you dont put loc-tite on