Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Local squabble

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Local squabble

She could have pinched his nipples off or grabbed/punched his junk.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:59 PM

ORIGINAL: RCR

Ok you win, they should have backed up and ran him over agian cause he did get up for a second and could of crossed the streetwithout waitingfor the signal to turn.

Just hope your not put in that spot as a passenger sometime.
First, I'm always the operator never the passenger.

Second, no one made her get on a bike with a guy who had no license or insurance. If she didn't know him well enough to know his history with the law or his license troubles, she should have used some judgement and walked away.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

The only sad thing here is now this pos is probably going to get rich suing the city.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:09 AM

He had no license and no ins and chose to run thats wrong and in this case i think the public is going to side with the police.
I dont however feel that using deadly force over a traffic violation is necessary.

Just another punch in the eye of the riders who do abide by the rules....

Old 09-30-2007, 09:19 AM

[/quote]

Second, no one made her get on a bike with a guy who had no license or insurance. If she didn't know him well enough to know his history with the law or his license troubles, she should have used some judgement and walked away.

[/quote]

That is one point I made earlier, is it up to the officer to make the decision that she knew he didnt have a liscense or insurance? I don't think so. There are a lot of stupid people in this world, and maybe she did know he didnt have insurance, but honestly, is that the call of the officer.

Also, like I said before and someone else mentioned, just because the bonehead wanted to run after running a red light, that does not mean the passenger wanted to participate. For the officer to take such a measure over a redlight, I think was a little extreme. I already stated in my first post, that criminals get what they have coming to them, and like someone else suggested the officer could have easily got the plate number if he was close enough to hit him. I understand that things like this happen very fast and that sometimes officer's or people in general do not have time to analyze the situation and make the best decision. I am just simply stating my opinion that a better decision could have been made.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:20 AM

Unfortunate....

I got my first ticket yesterday, 64 in a 55 from an unmarked blue mustang with black tint windows. I was in familiar turf and know i could have smoked him on the roads here..... but why ? I pulled over and i'll pay my fine, and live to ride tommorow.

I feel bad for the passenger, not the rider.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, the original offence was running a red light. Then the perp fled. Another offence. Put people in harms way, um...wreckless endangerment? So that's one thing turned to 3. Then ending up having his girlfriend placed into some sort of coma or whatever. She will never be the same. Both the police and his fault. Like someone said, he could have easily hit someone else who wasn't paying attention. I don't care what happens to the guy. I feel bad for the passenger. She could have been yelling at the top of her lungs...he might not have heard. She might have been too scared to do anything else but hold on. I wouldn't blame her. She couldn't jump off at those speeds.

Why did he run? Guilty of something else? Riding with a suspended license? Well, it obviously was suspending for good reason. That's another violation. I wasn't there I can judge how I would feel if someone was doing that. The bike ended being under the front of the patrol car. Was it a headon collision? I still don't know the other information. I refuse to make snap judgements on crap where I don't have enough details to make a decision.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:45 PM

You guys forgot one thing.

The police have refused to release the dash camera info.

Now, why would they do that?