Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

little rant about people who come into my work...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: little rant about people who come into my work...

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

hahah water pump...
I was hoping someone would pick that up....

Old 10-01-2008, 07:37 PM

ORIGINAL: cbrNOLE

holy crap i feel like someone changed my user name and wrote this. i too work at an auto parts store in FL and have to deal with the same garbage. The people that **** me off the most are the guys that are too chicken **** to come in and admit that they don't know what they are doing and send their wives or girlfriends into the store with some half assed list and make their girls look bad. then when their girl calls them back to get clarification on engine size or year or trying to figure out what the hell a dohickey is they don't answer the phone. so we try to get them what we think is the correct part and send them back to home. then the guy comes back next time with the part that they need in hand and it turns out to be a spark plug or something stupid like that. an other thing that pisses me off is when someone comes in and expects us to work on their car. like install a light bulb or something else we are not supposed to do. now if they want to pay me $70 an hour like they would a mechanic i'd be happy to do it. but the whole point of a do it your self auto parts store is to DO IT YOUR SELF!
LOL, I have sent my wife to the store to get what I needed, but I always put the make/model year/engine and what exactly I need, she hands them the list, I havent got a call once...

as far as the DIY, autozone does that to get bussines...and to tell ya the truth I have saw agirl buy wipers the guy said he would be right out, I got my stuff and walked out (like 10 mins after the guy was going to be right out) and I put the wipers on the girls car for her. just b/c they offer it doesnt means its always good, but I can see your point they expect it from you too now.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: 51plymouth

"Yeah, you're right, it is a 1965 Beetle...I need a water pump for it as well. Could you find one for me please?"
Maybe that was a dick move, but should they even attempt to make an effort I'd be willing to cut them some slack. Kid never did find my water pump....
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 10-01-2008, 08:51 PM

uh, when you work in a field where you have to serve the general public this is expected....suck it up and just laugh when the idiots come in.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: lonewolfcbr

uh, when you work in a field where you have to serve the general public this is expected....suck it up and just laugh when the idiots come in.
That is the simple solution, Wolfy, and it would lead to less frustration and a longer life. I have ranted about the idiots that I deal with at my job more than once. I guess the thing thatI can't do (and should), is allow people to be ignorant (not the same as stupidity). None of us are experts in every field, but the things we do best are second nature, and I guess thatmakes it hard to deal with people who have no clue...but, F_CK, those people make me want to knowingly ride into a fiery death...